SMSQ/E on Atari

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: SMSQ/E on Atari

Post by pjw »

Peter wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:44 pm
tofro wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:56 pm I re-partitioned my SD card to use some smaller "GEM" partitions with 16MB and that now seems to work, even on an external ACSI harddisk
16 MB was a lot back in those days ;)
Sorry, but I know my Atari and SMSQ partitions were larger than 16Mb. Back in the day SMSQ/E supported at least GEM (<=16Mb (32Mb with TOS1.04+)) and BGM (<=512Mb) partitions and also possibly the XGM extended partition format for allowing more than 4 partitions. So if that doesnt work now it must be for some other reason.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: SMSQ/E on Atari

Post by tofro »

pjw wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:41 am
Peter wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:44 pm
tofro wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:56 pm I re-partitioned my SD card to use some smaller "GEM" partitions with 16MB and that now seems to work, even on an external ACSI harddisk
16 MB was a lot back in those days ;)
Sorry, but I know my Atari and SMSQ partitions were larger than 16Mb. Back in the day SMSQ/E supported at least GEM (<=16Mb (32Mb with TOS1.04+)) and BGM (<=512Mb) partitions and also possibly the XGM extended partition format for allowing more than 4 partitions. So if that doesnt work now it must be for some other reason.
I recall the same from my original Atari-QL, and also all the documentation says it should mount BGM partitions. I do, however, use a hard disk driver made 2022 instead of the old ICD and Atari ones we had BITD. Could well be that is the reason SMSQ/E won't detect these today. I have it working using 16MB partitions now, that's good enough for me atm.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO