Anouncement for the 40th Anniversary of the Sinclair QL in Dormagen (Germany)

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Anouncement for the 40th Anniversary of the Sinclair QL in Dormagen (Germany)

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have been given a full time Carer job to my 87 year old Father-in-Law, so I can see how I can attend the event in Germany. Which is a great pity, it would be nice to see every one in person.

I will look forward to seeing show reports and photographs of the event.

Truly seems I have missed out...

Regards,

Derek
Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Anouncement for the 40th Anniversary of the Sinclair QL in Dormagen (Germany)

Post by Peter »

At least Graeme is from Great Britain if he can make it. I'm also trying to convince someone else.
What I like about this anniversary, is that nearly all participants are still active.

polka
Trump Card

Post by polka »

Hello !

I would be very interested attending this meeting of QL users near Köln, because I will be in Strasburg ( not very far ! ). Do I have to book directly for a room and parking with the hotel, and may I do it early ? meaning NOW to be sure to have a room, but also, is it absolutely sure that the meeting will take place ?

POLKa

May the FORTH be with you !
POLKa
Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

polka wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:55 pm Do I have to book directly for a room and parking with the hotel, and may I do it early ?
Yes and yes. Don't forget to mention "Computertreffen". Also it would be nice to send a message to QLObi.
polka wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:55 pm meaning NOW to be sure to have a room, but also, is it absolutely sure that the meeting will take place ?
Unless there is another pandemic or the likes, yes.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

polka wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:55 pm Hello !

I would be very interested attending this meeting of QL users near Köln, because I will be in Strasburg ( not very far ! ). Do I have to book directly for a room and parking with the hotel, and may I do it early ? meaning NOW to be sure to have a room, but also, is it absolutely sure that the meeting will take place ?
I'm pretty sure that most people intending to attend (including myself) have already booked their rooms. Make sure to hint to the "Computer Meeting" when booking, as Detlef has arranged a special price with the hotel.

Looking forward to seeing you!

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

Hi everyone!

Just to say that, after careful consideration, I have now gone ahead and booked my flight for the Dormagen QL event in May :-)

Looking forward to seeing some of you there...

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

martyn_hill wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:00 pm Just to say that, after careful consideration, I have now gone ahead and booked my flight for the Dormagen QL event in May :-)
Superb! When do you need to travel back? I might even stay on Sunday if some others also can stay.

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

I arrive Thursday evening (inshallah!) and leave Sunday morning. Looking forward :)

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

Hi Peter!
Peter wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:10 pm Superb! When do you need to travel back? I might even stay on Sunday if some others also can stay.
Unfortunately, I need to back Sunday evening - both for work and also as my 16-yr old is in the midst of his GCSE exams, so will be flying back around 4pm from Dusseldorf...

Nasta
Gold Card

Post by Nasta »

Well, room reserved, so I hope to be there sometime early afternoon on Friday, and start back Sunday morning.
It's going to be an interesting trip, Thursday Zagreb to Nurmberg to Frankfurt, then Friday morning Frankfurt to Dormagen. Then Sunday will be intense as I am driving back to Zagreb in one go...
It has been a long time, and I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone attending!