chr$ - JS ROM upgrade board + VGA interface

Please post user feedback when you buy or sell.
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

chr$ - JS ROM upgrade board + VGA interface

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I just upgraded my QL (JM ROM, issue 5 board) using one of chr$'s JS ROM upgrade boards (bought on eBay), and it went smoothly and worked like a charm. Great price too.

Speed of delivery from Germany was super quick, instructions were on the original auction page with pics so it was clear what to do.

I had to switch off the supplied TK2 so that it did not conflict with the one on my tetroid SGC, but that was a matter of seconds (simple change in jumper settings)

I think I also got some mdv felts from him in the past too? Not sure, but anyway if so those work great too.
Last edited by Sparrowhawk on Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: chr$ - JS ROM upgrade board

Post by Chr$ »

Hello Jean-Yves,

Yes, I can supply mdv felt too and probably also sent you some. I used to have them on ebay but the demand was quite high and my fingers were getting sore from having to cut so many (manually). I do still sell felt pieces to people that ask here or on fb etc.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: chr$ - JS ROM upgrade board + VGA interface

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I have also now taken delivery of one of Chris' RGB to VGA adapters. Works perfectly, no setup was necessary. Picture is rock solid.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Hello Jean-Yves,

I can't take any credit for the Pico programming, the PCB or how it works at all! I just throw them together, but I'm pleased it works well. They're great aren't they.

For anyone reading this thread, here's one where I sell a few things: viewtopic.php?t=4437

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I just throw them together
hah! well, you do a very decent job :)

My thanks then also to whoever the designers of the interface may be (sorry I lose track of who designs what, so many exciting projects) - what a great time to be a QL fan!

a.k.a. Jean-Yves