My QL Disk Manager, on Intel 80x86 base machine

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
ansar
ROM Dongle

Re: My Text Editor on Sinclair QL

Post by ansar »

Hi Steve,

Cross-platform is a term, used for an app, like the Text Editor, that can produce Text files, let's say an .asm assembly file to be used for a target machine as Atari, Amiga, Mac or any micro/computer based on Motorolla 680x0 processors.
For example I wrote a hello.asm in QL with this Text editor, assembled with my Atari M680x0 cross-assembler in QL as a .bin binary that runs in my Atari 1040ST.
It can be also be used in the target machine and assembled with target machine's assenmbler.
Another examble is that of this Text editor as a .bas, Text file, that if compiled with my cross-platform I80x86 compiler on the QL, the produced .exe can run in a PC.
If it is compiled with my M680x0 Atari cross-compiler on the QL, then can run on my Atari 1040ST. Same for an Amiga or a Mac or a micro/computer based on M680x0 processor.
It is the specific cross-compiler duty to produce the required .exe
Same for my Interpreter, itself or the produced .tkz files.
Same for my M680x0 cross assemblers and I80x86 cross assembler.
The main advantage is that the script files as .bas, .txt and encrypted .tkz can be used as is in any platform.
An assembly .asm is specific for base or target machines due to different calls of each operating system to do the same thing as for instance a character print on the screen.
The other main advantage is that one can use a PC to produce .txt, .asm, .bas, .exe etc files for other target machines.
If we use a PC as base machine we reduce the use of a target machine like QL, Amiga, Atari etc and increase their time lifes.
Hope that these highlight the rised question.

Best Regards,
ansar

ansar
ROM Dongle

My Motorolla M 680x0 Assembler for Sinclair QL

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

In the new video on my YT channel can watch my Motorolla  M680x0 assembler running and assembling .asm text files into .bin binary files, for the base and target machine, the Sinclair QL.

In this video is assembling my debugger assembly file dbg.asm to dbg.bin binary file and creating a dbg.lst assembly listing file.

The M680x0 assembler can also be used as a cross platform assembler, running on Sinclair QL and building Binary files for target machines, as Atari ST, Amiga and Mac's.

The M680x0 assembler is written in UniBASIC programming language and has been compiled by my UniBASIC Compiler.

It supports all Motorolla M680x0 mnemonics, labels and a lot of directives:

- Get filename
- DC, define constant. .B, .W, .L and .S
- Equ
- Org
- Rorg
- Hex numbers as .Q, .B, .W, .L, with $ prefix
- Decimal numbers, without prefix
- All relocation modes

An optional M680x0 assembler has been created to build my required libraries.

Thanks for watching and do not forget to subscribe to my channel, if you like my creative code works.

Best Regards,
ansar

neozeed
ROM Dongle

Re: My Motorolla M 680x0 Assembler for Sinclair QL

Post by neozeed »

it could be me, but I think you're missing links?

ansar
ROM Dongle

Re: My Motorolla M 680x0 Assembler for Sinclair QL

Post by ansar »

Links are not yet available due to software signing development.

ansar
ROM Dongle

My Intel I-80x86 Assembler running on Sinclair QL and producing assembly binaries for PCs

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

In this video on my YT channel, can watch my Intel I-80x86 assembler running and assembling .asm text files into .bin binary files, on the Sinclair QL, for target machines PCs.

Here is assembling my math stack printing string assembly file pmss.asm to pmss.bin binary file and creating a pmss.lst assembly listing that at the end is printed on a scr.

The I-80x86 assembler can also be used as a cross platform assembler, running on Sinclair QL, Amiga, Atari 1040ST, Mac's or other machines based on Motorolla 680x0 processors and building assembly binary files for target machines of PCs.

The I-80x86 assembler is written in UniBASIC programming language and has been compiled by my UniBASIC Compiler on the Sinclair QL.

It supports all Intel 80x86 mnemonics, labels and a lot of directives:

- Get filename
- DC, define constant. .B, .W, .L and .S
- Equ
- Org
- Rorg
- Hex numbers as .B, .W, .L, with $ prefix
- Decimal numbers, without prefix
- All relocation modes

An optional I-80x86 assembler has been created to build my required libraries.

Thanks for watching and do not forget to subscribe to my channel, if you like my creative code works.

Best Regards,
ansar

XorA
Site Admin

Re: My Intel I-80x86 Assembler running on Sinclair QL and producing assembly binaries for PCs

Post by XorA »

<mod hat on>
Hi Ansar, these are all very cool ideas, but without any details, source code, exe's etc, this is the very definition of vapourware and your effectively just spamming the forum at this point.

Please resist creating yet another pointless thread until you have actual information to share!
<mod hat off>

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Re: My Intel I-80x86 Assembler running on Sinclair QL and producing assembly binaries for PCs

Post by Peter »

Wouldn't a link to https://www.ansarsoft.com be sufficient, or a single Ansarsoft thread, instead of all these separate threads containing Youtube channel advertising?
From the website, it appears there are a lot of yet unavailable commercial software products by a company named Ansarsoft. I would be grateful if this forum ist not seperately alerted on every permutation of those products. I'm okay with some degree of vaporware. But as long as nothing QL related was ever available, I'd be thankful if this forum is not flooded with another "My x software running on y" thread every few days. If you can not resist to advertise all the time, then in a single thread please! Thank you.

ansar
ROM Dongle

My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC interpreter

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

I am developing my programming language with codename UniBASIC.
My Interpreter, Compiler, Operating System and all applications are codeworks written in UniBASIC language.
You can watch in my channel:
<https://youtube.com/@i-ansar>,
my Intel 80x86 UniBASIC Interpreter written in UniBASIC programming language, in its interpretation process of loading ITSELF and is producing a toknized file .tkz to be an input for my UniBASIC Compiler.
The interpretation is a two stage process:
Loading with load command ITSELF as a .bas IniBASIC file and Saving with qsave command the tokenized file of itself.
It can also save an update of itself as .bas file with the save
Also can reload the tokenized .tkz file with the qload command.
The purpose of this video is to also show the fast qloading in a second with the difference of the initial load of the .bas UniBASIC file.
As shown the .bad file ID the UniBaSIC Interpreter was a 5860+ lines of UniBASIC programming language.
It is also important to note that the produced .tkz file can be an input to my Interpreters of any other target machine as Sinclair QL, Atari ST, Amiga 500+ and Macintosh I.e. .bas and .tkz files do not differ between the base and target machines.
Thanks for Your tap on the thumps up button in order to support me and to subscribe to my channel:
If you like my creative code works.

Best Regards,
ansar

ansar
ROM Dongle

My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC compilation process from Tty.bas to Tty.tkz and Tty.exe

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

My Interpreter, Compiler, Operating System and all applications are codeworks written in UniBASIC language.
You can watch here my Intel 80x86 UniBASIC Tty demo written in UniBASIC programming language, in its compilation process of interpreting, compiling and producing Intel 80x86 executable code to be run in a Microsoft 32 bit Windows operating system.
The bade machine and target machine are the same I.e. a 32 bit Windows operating system running in a PC.
The 1st step is launching the UniBASIC Interpreter.
After launching the interpreter, we are loading the Tty.bas text file written UniBASIC programming language with the load command.
Then we save the loaded Tty.bas as Tty.tkz with the qsave command.
Finally with the shutdown command we exit from the UniBASIC interpreter.
The 2nd step is launching the UniBASIC Compiler.
The compilation is a three stage process:
Scanning, Parsing and Encoding in Intel 80x86 machine language code.
Tha Compiler scans, parses and encodes the Tty.tkz file produced in the 1st step and creates the executable file Tty exe to be run in the target machine that here is a PC, same as the base machine.
The 3rd step is launching the produced executable file Tty.exe, the time of truth, that we finally see running in the provided video.
Thanks for Your tap on the thumps up button in order to support me and to subscribe to my channel:

Best Regards,
ansar

ansar
ROM Dongle

My QL Disk Manager, on Intel 80x86 base machine

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

You can watch in my YT channel, my app named Sinclair QL Disk Manager, running on Intel 80x86 base machine. This app is written in UniBASIC programming language with my app named UniBASIC Editor to .bas, tokenized with my UniBASIC Interperter to .tkz and compiled by my UniBASIC Compiler to .exe, i.e. produced Intel 80x86 executable code to be run in a Microsoft 32 bit Windows operating system.
In this session my Sinclair QL Disk Manager will read two native QL floppy disks and will show the 512 bytes of boot sector in hex and explanation comments. Then will list the Directory of the two native QL disks and finally will show the Disk Sector no. 1 in hex and ascii code of each native QL floppy disks.
The QL Disk Mager can also:
- Copy files from floppy disk to PC hdd
- Copy files from PC hdd to floppy disk
- Copy the image of the floppy disk to PC hdd
- Copy an image of PC hdd to floppy disk
- Erase completely the floppy disk
- Format the floppy disk and
- A lot of other tasks

Best Regards,
ansar