My QL Disk Manager, on Intel 80x86 base machine

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
ansar
ROM Dongle

My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC compiler

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

From my Creative Code Works.
I am developing my programming language with codename UniBASIC.
My Interpreter, Compiler, Operating System and all applications are codeworks written in UniBASIC language.
You can watch at my youtube channel:
<https://youtube.com/@i-ansar>
my Intel 80x86 UniBASIC Compiler written in UniBASIC programming language, in its compilation process of compiling itself and is producing Intel 80x86 executable code to be run in a Microsoft 32 bit Windows operating system.
The compilation is a three stage process:
Scanning, Parsing and Encoding in Intel 80x86 machine language code.
Tha Compiler scans, parses and encodes about 4100+ lines of UniBASIC programming language in 74 seconds!!!
Actually there are two compilers, one to compile UniBASIC .bas programs in PCs running a 32 bit Windows operating system and a cross compiler to compile the same UniBASIC .bas program but producing a Motorola 68xxx code in order to run in micros based on 68xxx processors as Sinclair QL, Atari ST, Amiga 500+ and Macintosh.
Thanks for Your tap on the thumps up button in order to support me and to subscribe to my channel, if you like my creative code works.

Best Regars, ansar

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC compiler

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I watched all the videos, subscribed and gave a thumbs up.

Unibasic looks really interesting, what format basic on Amiga, Atari do you support?

I have Amiga and Atari machines to extract Blitz, AMOS basic source code to be converted to SBASIC on the QL system running SMSQ/E.

Regards,

Derek
ansar
ROM Dongle

Re: My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC compiler

Post by ansar »

Hi Derek,

Thanks for subscribing!!!
UniBASIC supports text files with the extension of .bas i.e. Tty.bas
These files are the same across all implementations to PCs, QL, Amiga (Iam using a 500+ to develop), Atari ST (I am using 1040ST) and MACs (I am using a power book)
It's the compiler job to produce executable code for the target machines.
For example, for QL there are two compilers in a PC base machine that the 1st is producing Intel 80x86 code and the 2nd Motorolla 68xxx code.
But the UniBASIC .bas file is common to both.
The same applies when we work on a QL as a base machine.
Again there are two compilers running in the QL and probably in QL compatibles.
The 1st is producing Motorola 68xxx for the QL and the 2nd Intel 80x86 for a PC target nachine.
My final target is to be five compilers in each base machine, one to produce executable for the base machine and the other four to produced executable code for each one of the four target machines.

Best Regards, ansar

ansar
ROM Dongle

My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC interpreter

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

My Interpreter, Compiler, Operating System and all applications are codeworks written in UniBASIC language.
You can watch in my channel:
<https://youtube.com/@i-ansar>,
my Intel 80x86 UniBASIC Interpreter written in UniBASIC programming language, in its interpretation process of loading ITSELF and is producing a toknized file .tkz to be an input for my UniBASIC Compiler.
The interpretation is a two stage process:
Loading with load command ITSELF as a .bas IniBASIC file and Saving with qsave command the tokenized file of itself.
It can also save an update of itself as .bas file with the save
Also can reload the tokenized .tkz file with the qload command.
The purpose of this video is to also show the fast qloading in a second with the difference of the initial load of the .bas UniBASIC file.
As shown the .bad file ID the UniBaSIC Interpreter was a 5860+ lines of UniBASIC programming language.
It is also important to note that the produced .tkz file can be an input to my Interpreters of any other target machine as Sinclair QL, Atari ST, Amiga 500+ and Macintosh I.e. .bas and .tkz files do not differ between the base and target machines.
Thanks for Your tap on the thumps up button in order to support me and to subscribe to my channel:
If you like my creative code works.

Best Regars, ansar

ansar
ROM Dongle

My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC compilation process from Tty.bas to Tty.tkz and Tty.exe

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

You can watch here my Intel 80x86 UniBASIC Tty demo written in UniBASIC programming language, in its compilation process of interpreting, compiling and producing Intel 80x86 executable code to be run in a Microsoft 32 bit Windows operating system.
The bade machine and target machine are the same I.e. a 32 bit Windows operating system running in a PC.
The 1st step is launching the UniBASIC Interpreter.
After launching the interpreter, we are loading the Tty.bas text file written UniBASIC programming language with the load command.
Then we save the loaded Tty.bas as Tty.tkz with the qsave command.
Finally with the shutdown command we exit from the UniBASIC interpreter.
The 2nd step is launching the UniBASIC Compiler.
The compilation is a three stage process:
Scanning, Parsing and Encoding in Intel 80x86 machine language code.
Tha Compiler scans, parses and encodes the Tty.tkz file produced in the 1st step and creates the executable file Tty exe to be run in the target machine that here is a PC, same as the base machine.
The 3rd step is launching the produced executable file Tty.exe, the time of truth, that we finally see running in the provided video.
Thanks for Your tap on the thumps up button in order to support me and to subscribe to my channel:
If you like my creative code works.

Best Regars, ansar

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC compilation process from Tty.bas to Tty.tkz and Tty.exe

Post by pjw »

It looks great! I cant understand why the response from here is so totally flaccid. Perhaps because most of the good software guys have faded away due to a similar lack of interest. However, we seem to be getting an awful lot of engineers/technicians here these days. They love to polish their old veteran in the garage but would never dare to take her out on the road for a spin!

Im starting to tire of all this too, so am considering taking up knitting instead.

I would have given you a thumbs up but I wont subscribe to anything googlish any more. Crusty old git, I know.

I wish you better success elsewhere with all your hard work! No doubt a labour of many years.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
XorA
Site Admin

Re: My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC compilation process from Tty.bas to Tty.tkz and Tty.exe

Post by XorA »

pjw wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:17 pm It looks great! I cant understand why the response from here is so totally flaccid. Perhaps because most of the good software guys have faded away due to a similar lack of interest. However, we seem to be getting an awful lot of engineers/technicians here these days. They love to polish their old veteran in the garage but would never dare to take her out on the road for a spin!

Im starting to tire of all this too, so am considering taking up knitting instead.

I would have given you a thumbs up but I wont subscribe to anything googlish any more. Crusty old git, I know.

I wish you better success elsewhere with all your hard work! No doubt a labour of many years.
Maybe because people like me assumed it was bot spam having been posted 4 times and looking to promote a youtube channel?

ansar
ROM Dongle

Post by ansar »

Dear pjw and XorA,

1st of all I never give up!!!
2nd probably the forum management should increase the allowed video size and let more video format as .mp4 to be uploaded.

Best Regards, ansar

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

XorA wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:25 pm
pjw wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:17 pm It looks great! I cant understand why the response from here is so totally flaccid. Perhaps because most of the good software guys have faded away due to a similar lack of interest. However, we seem to be getting an awful lot of engineers/technicians here these days. They love to polish their old veteran in the garage but would never dare to take her out on the road for a spin!

Maybe because people like me assumed it was bot spam having been posted 4 times and looking to promote a youtube channel?
I was about to say the same thing, XorA. We've been here before as a community haven't we - what sounds like a lot of undelivered promise?

Good luck with the project if and when it comes to fruition.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Reminds me of TinyFPGA and Stella.

4E75 7000