8bit assembly and C online

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

8bit assembly and C online

Post by Sparrowhawk »

In my continued quest to learn assembly myself, I have currently parked the QL (just too much to learn and I have a small brain!) and am doing an online course on 6507 (cut down 6502) assembly for the Atari VCS2600. The course is really superb and I have actually got assembly running for the first time ever yesterday. Yay!

Anyway, I am using Stella as an emulator and the dasm assembler on the command line, but the lecturer provides a link to this which is pretty amazing, a full online IDE, assembler, disassembler, debugger, range of emulators, all free:
https://8bitworkshop.com/v3.10.0/

Supports VCS2600 but also C64, MSX, Apple 2 and Z80 based computers including the Spectrum. Quite an impressive piece of web programming I must say!

You can code in assembler or C.

BTW the course I am following is on Udemy (I bought it for £15 but the sale is not quite as good today - £20 - btw udemy does sales every few months, so never buy a course at full price there! :D )
https://www.udemy.com/course/programmin ... tari-2600/

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: 8bit assembly and C online

Post by Sparrowhawk »

PS that's Stella the VCS2600 emulator, not Stella the Tony Tebby OS. Just in case anyone was confused! :D

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: 8bit assembly and C online

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Sparrowhawk wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:11 pm PS that's Stella the VCS2600 emulator, not Stella the Tony Tebby OS. Just in case anyone was confused! :D
,,, at least we can see the VCS2600 emualtor working!

Regards,

Derek