QL-SD driver 1.10

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: QL-SD driver 1.10

Post by mk79 »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
mk79 wrote:
Peter wrote:SD images can also are byteswapped sometimes, e.g. if SD-IDE converters are used with native hardware. Which is not unlikely for some Qubide or even Q40/Q60 setups.
Ah ok. Unlikely setup on a PC, but I understand. Well, even better that QPC can do both ;-)
... as well as sQLux, Q68
Ummm, no. "Both" in the sense of "byte-swapped" or not. As far as I'm aware this is a QPC-only feature.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Q40/Q60 Linux can also deal with byteswapped filesystems, not that this would be of much help.
Personally I think byteswapped images should be corrected, not used. But given the practical reality this is a good QPC feature.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

mk79 wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote:
mk79 wrote:Ah ok. Unlikely setup on a PC, but I understand. Well, even better that QPC can do both ;-)
... as well as sQLux, Q68
Ummm, no. "Both" in the sense of "byte-swapped" or not. As far as I'm aware this is a QPC-only feature.
Nope, I implemented byte swapping in sQLux years ago.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

XorA wrote:
mk79 wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote: ... as well as sQLux, Q68
B*ll*cjs and never pushed that code :(

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

XorA wrote:B*ll*cjs and never pushed that code :(
:-D

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

XorA wrote:
mk79 wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote: ... as well as sQLux, Q68
I am a little confused, the QUBide files from my QL-SD Interface, are read/write on Q68 using the QUB device, the BDI driver in Q-emulator and sqlux read the same file.

I probably do not know if bytes are flipped.
Last edited by Derek_Stewart on Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

mk79 wrote:
XorA wrote:B*ll*cjs and never pushed that code :(
:-D
Oh, I remember what happened, the BDI version of the QL-SD driver would not read any of the test QUBIDE files I had so i parked the code in a branch to investigate later. And later still has not occurred (and branch is on a machine that is no more).

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

XorA wrote:Oh, I remember what happened, the BDI version of the QL-SD driver would not read any of the test QUBIDE files I had so i parked the code in a branch to investigate later. And later still has not occurred (and branch is on a machine that is no more).
IIRC the BDI driver checks some bit in the master block to see if it's an IDE or SD image or some such and rejects the normal QubIDE images based on that.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
XorA wrote:
mk79 wrote:Ummm, no. "Both" in the sense of "byte-swapped" or not. As far as I'm aware this is a QPC-only feature.
I am a little confused, the QUBide files from my QL-SD Interface, are read/write on Q68 using the QUB device, the BDI driver in Q-emulator and sqlux read the same file.

I probably do not know if bytes are flipped.
None of those are IDE devices, so no byte swapping is happening. You get that for example if you try to read a native QubIDE partition on a PC.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Which raises the question: what would it take to have QubIDE be able to use the same .WIN files as QL-SD and everything else?