Is SBASIC programming on SMSQE difficult?

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Is SBASIC programming on SMSQE difficult?

Post by pjw »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the update, but no one said anything till the fixed runtimes appeared
I know its hard to keep up, but it was mentioned here.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

pjw wrote:

Thanks for the update, but no one said anything till the fixed runtimes appeared
I know its hard to keep up, but it was mentioned here.
To further clarify, the version 3.45 is on my website's QLiberator page, along with a set of older versions and that last "official" release from Liberation Software of v3.36.

When the recompiled decompiled versions started appearing, I made it a point of keeping the intermediate versions for now, in case some major problems became apparent and we all had to roll back to a particular versions. Now that QLib is pretty stable, versions 3.37 to 3.44 are only really there for posterity and anyone who chooses to collect the various versions.

It's also worth reiterating that the versions up to 3.36 will work on just about any system with enough memory to run them, whereas later versions have more specific needs, so I'll be keeping v3.36 indefinitely.

EmmBee
Trump Card

Post by EmmBee »

There could be some people, myself included, who may prefer to use the previous QLiberator V3.44. The reason is Qlib_patch.
We may have all become acclimatised to using the very latest Qlib_patch V3.44.
All that V3.45 offers is the original QLib_patch V3.35 - a massive rollback in functionality.

EmmBee

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I know up to Qliberator v3.36 runs on all QL systems.

So what systems does the newer Qiberator (v3.36+) on?

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

I know up to Qliberator v3.36 runs on all QL systems.

So what systems does the newer Qiberator (v3.36+) on?
Changes listed in its documents state that it now needs
  • Toolkit 2
    Environment variables (included in package)

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

EmmBee wrote:There could be some people, myself included, who may prefer to use the previous QLiberator V3.44. The reason is Qlib_patch.
We may have all become acclimatised to using the very latest Qlib_patch V3.44.
All that V3.45 offers is the original QLib_patch V3.35 - a massive rollback in functionality.
I have never used Qlib_patch, so didnt think twice about it. Somehow an old version
seems to have been included with the Qlib V3.45 distribution I made. I blame that glitch
on the people I sent the Qlib disk out to, who had it for a whole month to review. That
would have been the right time to say something rather than whining about it now!

Having said that, one should disregard the claim that Qlib V3.44 is the way to go, as V3.44
has a serious bug wrt externals. Just continue using Qlib V3.45 and use the V3.44 patch if
you need to. It is attached here. I'll re-up the Qlib V3.45 disk to Dilwyn's when I have time.
Qpatch344.zip
Qlib_patch_obj V3.44
(7.8 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

I've re-uploaded QLib 3.45 with a minor change. Most shouldn't need to update but at least it's there now on my QLiberator page if anyone needs it.