Football Manager Type Game

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Re: Football Manager Type Game

Post by Tesla »

Greetings to all.
Well, that is a new update of the game. The news are:

-- GC and SGC (better) version (big news) :P
-- financial management more challenging
-- some minor bugs corrected
-- offside introduced
-- var control introduced
-- new players and teams for 2022/2023 season

The worst known errors remain the same as before (see first release) as for q-emulator. :oops:
The BOOT of the game is set for starting from "FLP1_", at line 130. The same at line 100 of the program SETTA; so you must modify these lines according to your chosen game directory. If your system is not set for loading tk2 at the boot, you must change the relevant line in the boot program (that is eliminate the REMarks). Turbo toolkit is loaded at line 410, REMark it if already present in your system. The program works well (a bit slow) under q-emulator running from the Fman.zip, but, of course, you can't save the game. In this case set memory 3968 kb or more and speed gold card. If you want save the game, unzip the program in a directory of your choice.
Naturally the sound effects have been removed as compared to q-emulator version.
In the future version I think to introduce penalty shoot-out to avoid the tedious repetition of many return matches in the cup competitions. After this, convert the game to english championship.

At least, what can I say, I hope you like it.

Marco
Attachments
Fman.zip
(157.44 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Re: Football Manager Type Game

Post by Tesla »

Hi.

Here is the updated version of Football manager for q-emulator. It comes with all the new updates of recently released for the GC/SGC.
The most significant novity is the speed increase. The old F. manager in q-emulator was too slow in comparison with the speed of the game in the real ql hardware, although powered by GC or SGC.
The solution is to use the full speed of q-emulator. Before the current release the thing was not possible because the great speed of modern machines, that cause the animation of the match to be almost invisible. So I intoduced some delay loops in the program PARTE_BASIC. These loops are placed in lines 3360 5320 7290 and 9260. In my old Intel Q8200 2.33 GHz the variable delay% is set to be > 250 to exit the loop and find the right speed. You must find the correct value for your machine, i.e. increase 250 up. After doing this, remember to qsave again it with the name BASIC, or the game won't start.

Regards
Marco
Attachments
Qfman.zip
(3.15 MiB) Downloaded 38 times