Is QUANTA stil alive / accepting members?

Thinking of joining QUANTA? Post any questions here.
User avatar
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:54 am

Is QUANTA stil alive / accepting members?

Post by Pr0f »

I tried requesting membership on the quanta home page, it seemed to go through ok, but I have not heard a been since then - that was over a week ago, just wondering if this organisation is still active ?

Dave.


martyn_hill
Aurora
Posts: 920
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:53 am

Re: Is QUANTA stil alive / accepting members?

Post by martyn_hill »

Hi Dave

I can confirm that I continue to receive the periodic Quanta magazine, so my understanding is 'yes, Quanta is still very much alive...' :-)


User avatar
dilwyn
Mr QL
Posts: 2759
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Is QUANTA stil alive / accepting members?

Post by dilwyn »

Pr0f wrote:I tried requesting membership on the quanta home page, it seemed to go through ok, but I have not heard a been since then - that was over a week ago, just wondering if this organisation is still active ?

Dave.
I'm technically on the Quanta committee but somewhat distanced from day-to-day running of the organisation. The organisation is still active.

I'll forward a copy of your message to the committee.


User avatar
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:54 am

Re: Is QUANTA stil alive / accepting members?

Post by Pr0f »

many thanks Dilwyn


Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge
Posts: 3947
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Sunny Runcorn, Cheshire, UK

Re: Is QUANTA stil alive / accepting members?

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Just received Quanta eMag, Volume 36 Issue 5

The title says Dec-Jan 2019, must be a typo...


Regards,

Derek
User avatar
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: @131072
Contact:

Re: Is QUANTA stil alive / accepting members?

Post by Sparrowhawk »

@Pr0f, whereabouts dif you find the sign up page ? I was just thinking over the weekend that I should rejoin (having been an on-off member over the years, mainly because I kept forgetting to renew!).

Do I just use the Contact Us page?

Also, it says tht membership is free - is that correct? I had no idea that change had been made.


a.k.a. Jean-Yves
User avatar
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:54 am

Re: Is QUANTA stil alive / accepting members?

Post by Pr0f »

Sparrowhawk wrote:@Pr0f, whereabouts dif you find the sign up page ? I was just thinking over the weekend that I should rejoin (having been an on-off member over the years, mainly because I kept forgetting to renew!).

Do I just use the Contact Us page?

Also, it says tht membership is free - is that correct? I had no idea that change had been made.
Yes - on the contacts page, on that first drop down there is membership secretary - I think that's what I used. I think things take a little while ;-) I haven't paid anything yet- I was hoping to be able to unlock the quanta library CD - but still waiting for a reply on that one.

I assume quanta membership is free - I have not paid anything, and you can download a lot of the back issues as pdf format - there is some useful info in there.


User avatar
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: @131072
Contact:

Re: Is QUANTA stil alive / accepting members?

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Thanks for confirmation - I'd missed that drop down so very helpful, thanks.


a.k.a. Jean-Yves
User avatar
1024MAK
Super Gold Card
Posts: 592
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:16 am
Location: Looking forward to summer in Somerset, UK...

Re: Is QUANTA stil alive / accepting members?

Post by 1024MAK »

martyn_hill wrote:Hi Dave

I can confirm that I continue to receive the periodic Quanta magazine, so my understanding is 'yes, Quanta is still very much alive...' :-)
Yes, the latest magazine came recently to my door.

Mark


:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
User avatar
1024MAK
Super Gold Card
Posts: 592
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:16 am
Location: Looking forward to summer in Somerset, UK...

Re: Is QUANTA stil alive / accepting members?

Post by 1024MAK »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

Just received Quanta eMag, Volume 36 Issue 5

The title says Dec-Jan 2019, must be a typo...
Aye, I had to double check the post stamp as at first I though last years had taken 12 months to find its way to my home...

I think it should have said Dec 2019 - Jan 2020.

Mark


:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
Post Reply