Current availability of replacement Microdrive faam/felt?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
stephen_usher
Chuggy Microdrive

Current availability of replacement Microdrive faam/felt?

Postby stephen_usher » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Does anyone have a pointer to a source for a suitable replacement foam/felt for Microdrive cartridges?

Some time ago I obtained some 8 track self-adhesive felt but it wasn't dense enough so that when it was cut into the required 4mm x 2mm x 4mm block it just fell apart.

olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

Re: Current availability of replacement Microdrive faam/felt?

Postby olifink » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:27 pm

stephen_usher wrote:Does anyone have a pointer to a source for a suitable replacement foam/felt for Microdrive cartridges?

I'm using these https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Track-Tape-Replacement-Felt-Pads/252762966703 - I've refelted over 60 cartridges now and so far they are holding up nicely. My only issue is the shipping cost… :shock:

stephen_usher
Chuggy Microdrive

Postby stephen_usher » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:14 pm

olifink wrote:
stephen_usher wrote:Does anyone have a pointer to a source for a suitable replacement foam/felt for Microdrive cartridges?

I'm using these https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Track-Tape-Replacement-Felt-Pads/252762966703 - I've refelted over 60 cartridges now and so far they are holding up nicely. My only issue is the shipping cost… :shock:

I think that's the stuff I go, but it disintegrates when cut small enough.

olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

Postby olifink » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:28 pm

hmm. mine are holding up fine. I'm using a super sharp hobby cutter and board and do slightly larger pieces 3x4mm. they work fine here and are only slightly fuzzy around the edges

Return to “Hardware”