FGPA Anyone?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
mk79
Gold Card

Re: FGPA Anyone?

Postby mk79 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:49 am

bixio60 wrote:Unfortunately me too, I was not able to make the SD work.
Marcel, I could happily test your suite even if unfinished, if possible.....
No need to test it, as the CPU exhibits spurious faults I know it's broken in the worst way and any test is meaningless. Also, my version doesn't have the HDMI scaler as I don't have the license for that.
In the meantime a free scaler was released and another cycle accurate 68k core was revealed for another core, maybe I will try these one day.

Cheers, Marcel

Peter
Super Gold Card

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:13 am

mk79 wrote:In the meantime a free scaler was released and another cycle accurate 68k core was revealed for another core, maybe I will try these one day.

Are you referring to the FX68K core? I had a brief look, but was not in the mood to manually convert System Verilog to Verilog, which is required for my synthesis tools.

The FX68K core seems interesting to replace a GoldCard (not SuperGold Card), eliminating the need for software changes.

mk79
Gold Card

Postby mk79 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:57 am

Peter wrote:Are you referring to the FX68K core? I had a brief look, but was not in the mood to manually convert System Verilog to Verilog, which is required for my synthesis tools.
Yes, that's the one. My toolchain can handle SystemVerilog, but no idea how easy it is to exchange the cores, I haven't yet have any look at them.

Cheers, Marcel

Whopper
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Postby Whopper » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:55 pm

Fabrizo, Marcel,

Stupid questions first, did you check the ".QSF" file for the SD card pin assignments?

I haven't had a chance to check the ".QSF" against my DE2-115 but am sure that changes will be required.

Whopper

You woke me for THAT!!!
mk79
Gold Card

Postby mk79 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:50 pm

Whopper wrote:Fabrizo, Marcel,

Stupid questions first, did you check the ".QSF" file for the SD card pin assignments?
I have a DE-10 nano, which is the intended target board. So, no, it's fine for me.

Marcel

Return to “Hardware”