Issue 6 board updates

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Issue 6 board updates

Post by tofro »

Popopo wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:02 pm
Derek_Stewart wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:30 pm Try Sellmyretro

https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/detai ... uter-62544
Oh!
I see that is just single road pins. Molex like Speccy 48K, so nothing hard to find.
Than you :)
Which will force you to get them in right way round. Note the keyboard membrane is single-sided!

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

dilwyn wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:53 pm Thanks David, Marcel, Derek and a few others who got in touch about this.

Marcel has sent me an update for my website which I'll upload as soon as I get time.

It's always great when the QL community responds like this for the benefit of all of us!
Hi Dilwyn,

Did you update the Web Site with the updates the Issue 6 QL Schematic.

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Embarrassingly, I am not sure if it's the most recent one :oops:

There were issue 6 diagram updates in 2014 and 2018 according to the update lists, with changes by Marcel and Sylvester, but I am not sure if that makes it up to date.
On this page: https://dilwyn.qlforum.co.uk/docs/hardware/index.html ,
scroll down to the QL Circuit Diagram section, paragraph just above "QL Clones Hardware". There is a document called schem.txt which describes the changes

If you have a more recent update, happy to add.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Dilwyn,

Thanks for the update, I must of missed the file.

I am updating the QL Service manual, which is nearly as the checking stage once I have drawn the QL Issues PCB Layout file and updated the Schematics.

I have also added a separate page for the Microdrive layout and Head board, which seems to be omitted from the Sinclair Manual.

Regards,

Derek
Popopo
Trump Card

Post by Popopo »

May I help somehow?
Perhaps transcribing pictures into text, or something to collaborate to keep update and right the schemas and manuals.

Doing the repro from Tetroid board... I understood there are a lot of mistakes in maintenance manual and not very clear info about components values, sets, when to put one or another, identify boards versions, etc.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Popopo wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:42 pm May I help somehow?
Perhaps transcribing pictures into text, or something to collaborate to keep update and right the schemas and manuals.

Doing the repro from Tetroid board... I understood there are a lot of mistakes in maintenance manual and not very clear info about components values, sets, when to put one or another, identify boards versions, etc.
Have you got the Tetroid T1 board working?

I have created a new thread for the QL Service Manual update.

Regards,

Derek
Popopo
Trump Card

Post by Popopo »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:40 pm Have you got the Tetroid T1 board working?
Not yet, I am mounting it. Worried about if it will work or not.
Somebody from Brazil claimed about it and afirmed that repro didn't work. I don't think what that guy said because not any reason about his argument.
So... still mounting it. Awaiting for some sockets, capacitors... xtal 11Mhz... transistors... few components already.
Did you mount it?

Derek_Stewart wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:40 pm I have created a new thread for the QL Service Manual update.
Great, I will check it out

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Popopo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:45 pm Somebody from Brazil claimed about it and afirmed that repro didn't work. I don't think what that guy said because not any reason about his argument.
So... still mounting it. Awaiting for some sockets, capacitors... xtal 11Mhz... transistors... few components already.
Did you mount it?
I believe that Nikos Doukas from Greece built it and it worked, if I remember correctly.

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

I confirm the Tetroid T1 board does work :-)

Popopo
Trump Card

Post by Popopo »

Pr0f wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:49 pm I confirm the Tetroid T1 board does work :-)
Hum... didn't know he sell it, once some years ago I wrote to Tetroid to buy a board T1 but his answer was... "not selling it to you cause I doubt you could understand it and build it" XD OK ok ok... and he doesn't know me at all... so I think it was a joke (I see now that it was not) and just he didn't sell any board but Iss6 repro.

Soon I will finish the repro, and check it out, just in case I get troubles then to know if somebody else built it up and worked.
:) thanks both for answers :)