Today I Received...

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Today I Received...

Post by dilwyn »

An Accuratus USB keyboard, with a 2 x USB2 mini-hub on the rear, to replace my existing PC keyboard where the key legends were wearing away (writing too many QL programs in QPC2! :ugeek: )

This keyboard has a very different, lighter and quieter, feel to the keys, compared to the old one, so it might take a little while for my typing to adapt. The keys above the cursor arrow keys are smaller than on my old keyboard (to make room for the extra audio keys). The Num/Caps/Scroll lock LEDs are smaller and dimmer than on the old keyboard, which is good. Presumably it uses a little less power and certainly less glow when the room is dark. The keyboard layout is "UK" like the old one and all the usual 'suspects' like hash, pound and @ symbol keys work fine in Windoze and QPC2.

It has a few extra keys - the SLEEP key is useful, it puts the PC straight to sleep (although I have pressed it a couple of times by mistake going for the backspace key). The three keys to the right of SLEEP are to mute/unmute audio and decrease/increase the volume.

The USB sockets are standard USB2. Very convenient for quickly plugging in USB pen/thumb drives. Not as fast as the USB3 on the PC's front panel obviously, but good enough for occasional light use where convenience is more important.

The one slight downside is that I didn't realise that it doesn't have feet. It is angled (not flat like a QL) at a good fixed typing angle though.

The keyboard case has cut-outs for a third USB connector and for a battery compartment, presumably the same case is used on other models of the keyboard.
Accuratus keyboard
Accuratus keyboard
the 2 x USB mini-hub
the 2 x USB mini-hub

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

I just hate those "silent" keyboards with their small keycaps. I would wish, that Cherry would make an USB keyboard whithout cords with their old loud keycaps.

4E75 7000
Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

RalfR wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:31 pm I just hate those "silent" keyboards with their small keycaps. I would wish, that Cherry would make an USB keyboard whithout cords with their old loud keycaps.
They still make: https://www.cherry-world.com/cherry-g80-3000.html

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

That's a nice looking keyboard. I wonder if not for Rick Dickinson, we'd mostly still have off-white keyboards.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Today I received.....

..... an email from Apress. They have agreed to publish my second Arduino book. This one is entitled "Arduino Interrupts" and covers the use and abuse of the various interrupts on an ATmega328P microcontroller as used in a few Arduino boards and clones. :D :D :D

Yes, I know, off topic! :(

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

NormanDunbar wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:15 pm Yes, I know, off topic! :(
Cheers,
Norm.
When did that ever stop us in this thread!

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Dilwyn wrote:When did that ever stop us in this thread!
Good point, well made!

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

NormanDunbar wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:15 pmThis one is entitled "Arduino Interrupts" and covers the use and abuse of the various interrupts on an ATmega328P microcontroller as used in a few Arduino boards and clones. :D :D :D

Yes, I know, off topic! :(
That's what the Off-Topic section is for. ;)
Also, the "QLbase" mainboard uses an ATmega328P as QL matrix keyboard coprocessor.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Peter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:22 am That's what the Off-Topic section is for. ;)
Also, the "QLbase" mainboard uses an ATmega328P as QL matrix keyboard coprocessor.
Oh yes, I forgot you use the ATmega328P in your board. Sorry, I'm getting old! ;)

Cheers,
Norm.

RichardCGH
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by RichardCGH »

Today I received two issues of QL World from 1992.
Still have one or two to get.
Looking through them I'm surprised anyone bought the mag, incredibly dull in presentation and content.
Coming soon, the pilot issue of QL User.