A small QL

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
Wasa
ROM Dongle

Re: A small QL

Post by Wasa »

Well, let's first find out if Peter's qzero and latest work is open source or proprietary? Then I can explore wherever I can use it or not. The details of his project are public already but I don't know if it's open source or open license, or not.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Wasa wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:10 pm Well, let's first find out if Peter's qzero and latest work is open source or proprietary?
QLbase will be open source, and can serve as example on how to use the Qzero on a different mainboard.
The Qzero hardware is non profit, closed source. At the moment it lacks documentation and is only released to a few friends.

Wasa
ROM Dongle

Post by Wasa »

Peter wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:21 am
Wasa wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:10 pm Well, let's first find out if Peter's qzero and latest work is open source or proprietary?
QLbase will be open source, and can serve as example on how to use the Qzero on a different mainboard.
The Qzero hardware is non profit, closed source. At the moment it lacks documentation and is only released to a few friends.
Very good work Peter. Look forwards to your 17th May announcement. What do you think of the suggestions for a three pronged attack on market to get people who want there unit with main board upgraded,and no external dongle, those who want s small new keyboard machine, and those who want a fat desktop box, on a machine better than Spectrum Next? Particularly, adding a forth core as a new beginning model? We have the ep32 32 processor design by CH Ting, small 16 bit ones, and new AI mass core ones being designed to go into Nasa space missions, who traditionally used one of the early forth chips?

Wasa
ROM Dongle

Post by Wasa »

Peter wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:21 am
So, will it be possible to buy or license the QZero, to put another core on to di another product? Is the Q68 open?

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Wasa wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:19 pm So, will it be possible to buy or license the QZero, to put another core on to di another product?
I don't sell my work, it is just hobby. Stephan has the permission to build the Qzero, that's enough.
Wasa wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:19 pm Is the Q68 open?
No. Only my QLbase and QL-SD hardware designs are open source.

Wasa
ROM Dongle

Post by Wasa »

Peter wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:12 pm
Wasa wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:19 pm So, will it be possible to buy or license the QZero, to put another core on to di another product?
I don't sell my work, it is just hobby. Stephan has the permission to build the Qzero, that's enough.
Well, it is Peter. Thanks for answering some questions.

Now Derek,

Thank you very much. The project is likely not worth getting involved with here. But involved another platform.

I have helped many people in the past on forums. Who were treated poorly by bad people. Who, generally are unable to deal with sophisticated thinking, do most of the bone headed dumb, bullying, lurking and harrassment, and chase good people and things off. Rather than interact normally, building community, and answer a simple question, like on 8049 dependencies. :)

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Wasa wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:28 am
Peter wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:12 pm
Well, it is Peter. Thanks for answering some questions.

Now Derek,

Thank you very much. The project is likely not worth getting involved with here. But involved another platform.

As I tried to say and give the necessary help and information, was confined, but you did not believe.

Wasa wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:28 am I have helped many people in the past on forums. Who were treated poorly by bad people. Who, generally are unable to deal with sophisticated thinking, do most of the bone headed dumb, bullying, lurking and harrassment, and chase good people and things off. Rather than interact normally, building community, and answer a simple question, like on 8049 dependencies. :)
I am not sure what you are trying to say, can you explain what you mean in simple terms.

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I think a good Small QL would be a Raspberry Pi running Raspberry Pi OS Lite, which does not have a Desktop. Just a console or command line terminal.

Use sQLux, which does not need a GUI system running.

Once sQLux is compiled and installed, executing the emulator will run at full screen.

Works really nicely. But no SMSQ/E ...

maybe a native ARM version SMSQ/E could written.

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Markus,

I have a Tang Nano, which I have got all the demo support programmes working, I am still learning to programme it.

The Mister is too expensive, the Spectrum Next is unavailable and too expensive. and both do not run SMSQ/E.

I will stick the Q68, which runs all versions of SMSQ/E with High Colour and High Resolution screen modes.

Regards,

Derek