QubATA without burning ROM?

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
TitoxUnix
ROM Dongle

QubATA without burning ROM?

Post by TitoxUnix »

Hi!!!
Lately I'm doing some tests with my Leandro's clones of the QubIDE and I found something strange loading the QubATA 3.10 driver from from the REXT file. Meanwhile the old Qubesoft Rebel driver loads from floppy and detects the QubIDE with no EPROM in place, the QubATA REXT can't see tge QubIDE if there is no EPROM with driver. So to test a new interface I have to use the Rebel REXT if I don't want to burn a new EPROM at this stage.
QubIDEs_20240326.jpg
Is this the normal behaviour of the QubATA driver? BTW I can't find older releases of the driver to test (3.06 or 3.08). Does anyone have a copy that can be downloaded?

Thank you!

ones' complement
Over Heated PSU

Re: QubATA without burning ROM?

Post by ones' complement »

QubATA306b.zip
(945.31 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

TitoxUnix
ROM Dongle

Post by TitoxUnix »

Thanks for the driver. You are fast!!!

Tested with this release 3.06 and I got the same behaviour. With no EPROM fitted the QubATA driver can't find the GALs. I used the config utility to change the base address and this release can't be modified to use QUB partition scheme. I had the crazy idea of boot from one QubIDE and then load the driver using the QUB name to initialize a second one and be able to copy files from one to the other....

ones' complement
Over Heated PSU

Post by ones' complement »

I don't use QubATA (I have v2 Qubide so I can use Iomega removable disks), but the author frequents this site : viewtopic.php?p=35106#p35106

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Have you configured the ram based rext QubATA file to suit the Qubide interface you are wanting to run the driver code?

Regards,

Derek
TitoxUnix
ROM Dongle

Post by TitoxUnix »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:29 pm Hi,

Have you configured the ram based rext QubATA file to suit the Qubide interface you are wanting to run the driver code?
Yes, I used the Monitor to check the address (I tried different ones) and no joy.... But after load from ROM it works replacing the ROM driver. I have one more Qubide without RAM (Zerover clone) to test later but I think it will be the same.
I think what I want to do is not provided:

Code: Select all

From V3.10, QubATA has the ability to be configured in two operating modes :
- As a second new driver (QUB) along any existing WIN driver if present
- As a principal WIN driver replacing any existing WIN driver if present
I remember a post here where the QubIDE started to work after burning an EPROM but I can't find it now.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Not sure you mean the Monitor to check the address.

The ram driver code has config blocks in the code, that define the ROM base address and the device name. You need to you use Menuconfig to to alter base address.

If this is not done the base address of the Ram code is the romport C000.

You need to set the jumpers on the board to put the hardware in the Romport area.

Regards,

Derek
TitoxUnix
ROM Dongle

Post by TitoxUnix »

Yes, I used the 'config level 1' utility to modify the configuration blocks and tell the driver the base address of the QubIDE. With three jumpers the address is C000 but with different jumper comfigs I found differences with the QubIDE manual. As I said the same procedure works with the old Qubesoft Rebel driver when I LRESPR'd it.

I downloaded the MonQubIDE utility programmed by Alain Haoui from the dilwyn site: https://dilwyn.qlforum.co.uk/qlrom/inde ... ubide.This utility i a SuperBasic program that can tell you the base address (and a lot more info) after booting with the QubATA rom in place:
IMG_5063.png

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I forgot about the QubATA monitor program.

I used to have multiple Qubide interfaces, but that was not QubATA Rom code. But the device name and a couple of commands needed changed, as there was a clash in the ROM codes.

Maybe QubATA can not do this, Phil Borman's code certainly could.

Regards,

Derek