ql vdrive in EU ?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
techy
Gold Card

ql vdrive in EU ?

Post by techy »

who is selling the ql vdrive in Europe ??

i don't want to take the risk to get one from newzealand directly ( our customs are quite greedy ).

any ideas ??

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
Chris_68
Brittle Membrane

Re: ql vdrive in EU ?

Post by Chris_68 »

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

i prefer not to "import " this device from new zealand

my country always gives me a huge "bonus" when something comes in from outside eu.

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
Popopo
Trump Card

Post by Popopo »

techy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:10 am i prefer not to "import " this device from new zealand

my country always gives me a huge "bonus" when something comes in from outside eu.
Hi techy,
Perhaps I am wrong, but I think that Chris already gave you an EU Site where to purchase this device you asked for.

In case that is not, perhaps you could get an alternative device (depending on for what you need it).

Edit: I was wrong, you are right. From NZ.

Chris_68
Brittle Membrane

Post by Chris_68 »

Hi

Sorry for that, at the homepage it said
If you’re in the EU then please visit : https://www.etsy.com/shop/vRetroDesign

SellMyRetro sell them as well (I think) but you will most likely have to pay custom fees
/Chris

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

both are new zealand .

I was hoping some eu seller would stock them too .

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

techy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:25 pm both are new zealand .

I was hoping some eu seller would stock them too .
I don't believe Etsy is a New Zealand company but rather an E-Commerce company (its headquarters are in New York City). Some items on vRetro's Etsy site won't ship to the US and you have to go to vRetro (in New Zealand) itself to order the item. I don't know how an international E-Commerce site impacts customs. If the issue is where it is being shipped from, then likely any E-Commerce site that acts as a middle-man won't be helpful, since neither Etsy nor SellMyRetro (or Tindie) stock all (or any) of their items, and instead just connect you to a seller.

Popopo
Trump Card

Post by Popopo »

Make a look to this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpoAiAcQRLA

If you don't find vDrive, perhaps that could helps you.

Also there is oqtadrive, another nice device and affordable.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

I don't know how an international E-Commerce site impacts customs.
The correct fee is paid and paperwork is prepared by etsy so stuff just passes through unhindered!

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

XorA wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:18 pm The correct fee is paid and paperwork is prepared by etsy so stuff just passes through unhindered!
That's great and should solve techy's problem. I highly recommend vDrive. It's one of my favorite extensions to the QL!