Minerva4Q68 SD Card Setup

The Thor, Aurora, Q40, Q60 & Q68 etc. are discussed here.
Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Minerva4Q68 SD Card Setup

Post by Peter »

janbredenbeek wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:49 am The SD-card driver in Min4Q68 is a binary from Wolfgang Lenerz; I don't have the source of it but it's probably based on the QLSD driver
No, it is the other way round! The QL-SD driver (the newer one with QLWA support) was derived from the standalone Q68 driver. (Which was derived from Q68 SMSQ/E, which was derived from my Q68 SD driver written in C, also used by the Q68 loader.)
janbredenbeek wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:49 am As this driver is dated 2017 it's not likely that it uses the 40MHz speed by default, and it isn't configurable anyway.
That could be POKEd. But I do not recommend it as a default, not even for SMSQ/E, as not all cards support it.

janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

janbredenbeek wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:36 pm
Derek_Stewart wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:52 pm Is it possible to assemble the Minerva ROM file on the Q68?
Probably, using QMake (I believe the original Minerva was also built with it). Marcel's Minerva repository also runs QMake from a make.bas program (see https://github.com/MarcelKilgus/Minerva).
I just made a succesful build using Qmake.

One drawback here is that many source files (_asm, _link, _cct etc.) have references to the win1_m_ directory so if you have the source anywhere else you have to replace hundreds of references in these files (I used Notepad++ for this, unfortunately this requires the files to be on a DOS drive and also ruins the original date stamp).

Additional scripting, like appending the additional ROM drivers to the image, can be done in SBASIC.

janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

Peter wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:31 am
janbredenbeek wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:49 am The SD-card driver in Min4Q68 is a binary from Wolfgang Lenerz; I don't have the source of it but it's probably based on the QLSD driver
No, it is the other way round! The QL-SD driver (the newer one with QLWA support) was derived from the standalone Q68 driver. (Which was derived from Q68 SMSQ/E, which was derived from my Q68 SD driver written in C, also used by the Q68 loader.)
Mea culpa... I noticed the SMSQ/E source now has a QLSD section which appears to be the standalone version of this driver, with improvements by Marcel. This could be the basis for an updated Q68 driver for Minerva, but requires some changes to the source.