is there a way to get 68k/os working on a real ql ?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
techy
Gold Card

is there a way to get 68k/os working on a real ql ?

Post by techy »

Is there a way to get 68k/os working on a real ql ?

without the special eprom card ? , or has someone re-created that card .
Last edited by techy on Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Re: is there a way to gat 68k/os working on a real ql ?

Post by Pr0f »

It works in the emulator - so probably just a case of 'cutting the ROMS' so that you can run it from there - there is also a supporting Microdrive image required - so you'll have to create that too.

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

I have the 68K/OS image on one of Tetroids ROM switchers - and it certainly boots into the OS - but I don't have the mdv image with the extra bits on - so I know it boots at least.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Have a look here https://dilwyn.qlforum.co.uk/gst68kos/index.html

I think the files are there, but not as an MDV image. If you can figure that part, you might be halfway there.

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

IMG_4389a (2) - kopie.JPG
the rom does work , now to learn how to use it ;-)

is the asm also available as rom ?

are there any other roms available ?

is there someone who has recreated the pcb ?
Last edited by techy on Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
techy
Gold Card

Re: is there a way to get 68k/os working on a real ql ?

Post by techy »

IMG_4389a (2) - kopie.JPG
the rom does work , no to learn how to use it ;-)

is the asm also available as rom ?

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

dilwyn wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:18 pmI think the files are there, but not as an MDV image. If you can figure that part, you might be halfway there.
How should one create an mdv dump which is also recognized by this OS? As far as I know, GST uses a totally different way to read and write the mdv.

4E75 7000
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

is there a copy of the pcb developed by someone ??

as i see the os is in rom on the pcb .

QLvsJAGUAR
Gold Card

Post by QLvsJAGUAR »

For those who ever wanted an original GST Sinclair QL EPROM expansion card with their 68K/OS Z570V218 and the associated Microdrive Cartridges 68K/OS and 68K/ASM, there's currently a set on ebay (ending 2024-04-24):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305516991319

BTW: This auction also includes HiSoft DevpacQL and CP/MULATOR. I'm not the seller nor related to him.

It would be great if someone of the QL community would take good care of it and - after refelting the Microdrive Cartridges - make backup copies of those Microdrive Cartridges. Maybe one day, someone adds 68K/OS Microdrive support/emulation in a Q-Emulator or even on hardware Microdrive substitutes.

QL forever!
https://www.sinclairql.net/ - Go and get THE DISTRIBUTION & QL/E!
https://www.youtube.com/QLvsJAGUAR/community - Blog
https://www.youtube.com/QLvsJAGUAR - Dedicated QL videos
Sinclair, QL, ATARI, JAGUAR, NUON, APPLE, NeXT, MiST & much more...
Videos, pictures & information