Running QL Pawn on sQLux

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Running QL Pawn on sQLux

Post by tofro »

kronos wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:31 am So, after all, perhaps sQlux is not capable (yet) of running QL Pawn. Anyway, many thanks for your help and thanks for the great work on sQLux. It is always nice to see new emulation efforts. And who knows, maybe one day it will support the IPC ;)
You now that you should be able to perfectly play The Pawn on u/Sqlx using Magnetic?

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
kronos
ROM Dongle

Post by kronos »

Thanks, yes, I know. Markus' package from a few posts above contains the fully configured emulator with all games.

But I am trying to emulate the original The Pawn 1.0 version here ;)

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

kronos wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:30 pm But I am trying to emulate the original The Pawn 1.0 version here ;)
Looking at your username, I'm afraid I need to tell you you're not going to survive. :)

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Does QPC2 emulate the IPC? The (very old) cracked version of PAWN does run without problems.

4E75 7000
kronos
ROM Dongle

Post by kronos »

tofro wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:56 pm
kronos wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:30 pm But I am trying to emulate the original The Pawn 1.0 version here ;)
Looking at your username, I'm afraid I need to tell you you're not going to survive. :)
So true, unless someone emulates me :D

kronos
ROM Dongle

Post by kronos »

RalfR wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:34 pm Does QPC2 emulate the IPC? The (very old) cracked version of PAWN does run without problems.
The old cracked version runs ins QLay as well. What would have been so nice about sQLux is that I could have tried to run this without the additional emulation layer of an operating system (here DOS)

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

kronos wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:51 pm
RalfR wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:34 pm Does QPC2 emulate the IPC? The (very old) cracked version of PAWN does run without problems.
The old cracked version runs ins QLay as well. What would have been so nice about sQLux is that I could have tried to run this without the additional emulation layer of an operating system (here DOS)
Ive recently restarted my work on sQLay3 :-)