rgbtohdmi

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
ajb
ROM Dongle

rgbtohdmi

Post by ajb »

Although I have an OSSC which produces an excellent and correct display with the QL, i.e. a display where the first two columns of the default window appear as expected, I was thinking about getting an RGBTOHDMI as a fall-back. Does anyone happen to know whether the RGBTOHDMI, unlike some other converters, scales the display such that no columns are missing?

XorA
Site Admin

Re: rgbtohdmi

Post by XorA »

ajb wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:32 pm Although I have an OSSC which produces an excellent and correct display with the QL, i.e. a display where the first two columns of the default window appear as expected, I was thinking about getting an RGBTOHDMI as a fall-back. Does anyone happen to know whether the RGBTOHDMI, unlike some other converters, scales the display such that no columns are missing?
I do not, but did you see this thread?

viewtopic.php?t=4338

If you can solder a nice simple solution!

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I've got an RGBTOHDMI (ie the one here https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/detai ... d=noscript )

Works perfectly, 100% solid pic with all columns in modes 4 and 8.

When I got it the Pi was included, you may have to supply one yourself now

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Note that I had to recalibrate it when I got it - easy enough and it's all explained on the project home page.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
ajb
ROM Dongle

Post by ajb »

Thanks both.
Yep, you have to supply your own Zero, which are as rare as hens' teeth at the moment and are advertised accordingly on ebay. Thankfully I've still got a few in my junk box. I've been very impressed with RGBTOHDI for my dragons and orics, good to know it's also a solution for the QL.

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Sparrowhawk wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:29 pm When I got it the Pi was included, you may have to supply one yourself now
I wanted to buy one, but there is no way I can get a Pi Zero :(

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

I just got the Pico for the RGBtoVGA...those are ridiculously inexpensive at $4 in the US.