Site Admin

Re: New Forum

Post by robheaton »

It would also really help, if you could let us know a few other bits;

1. Desktop resolution
2. Browser zoom level/percentage
3. If you have any OS font scaling/magnification turned on

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

My screen resolution is 1600x900 and I use 100% zoom level on Chrome. Note that the picture I posted was a resized browser window to be small and not indicative of my experience. Its purpose was to just show what Peter meant regarding the red "Forum Rules" banner and is not a reflection of the scale of how much of that element takes over my window.

Obviously we each are impacted differently and I personally understand the concerns of others though am not as troubled by the new forum interface. I did like the more compact nature of the previous qlforum pages but I'm not put off by the current state of the forum as its grown on me (just takes time) and appreciate the tweaks that are constantly improving it.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

My screen resolution is 1920x1080 and I use 100% zoom level on Firefox.
I see the border around the christmas picture reduced, which is a small improvement. Thank you.
Still only 36 % of the browser window are used for message display, before one has to scroll !
The other 64 % account for the christmas picture (mainly), the red forum rules link plus border, massive spacing and less than 10% actual text.

desin
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by desin »

more compact
QL Forum.png
Markus

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Help for self-help: get the uBlock origin plugin (or some other ad blocker, but uBlock is not a bad choice) and enter the filters

Code: Select all

qlforum.co.uk##.particles_container
qlforum.co.uk##.rules-link.rules
Result:
small_forum.png
Only downside is the breadcrumb line moves under the header block, but you get the most out of the space 🤷‍♂️

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Great idea Marcel! I just hesitate to replace Adblock Plus which I have used for very long.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 23.07.07.png

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Peter wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:18 pm Great idea Marcel! I just hesitate to replace Adblock Plus which I have used for very long.
No problem, it has the same feature https://help.adblockplus.org/hc/en-us/a ... ic-element

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

mk79 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:44 am No problem, it has the same feature https://help.adblockplus.org/hc/en-us/a ... ic-element
Almost works. But the navigation line gets covered / unusable if I block the banner area.
mk79 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:35 pm Only downside is the breadcrumb line moves under the header block, but you get the most out of the space 🤷‍♂️
Not sure what you mean. It is in a fixed position with AdblockPlus.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Peter wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:52 am
mk79 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:44 am No problem, it has the same feature https://help.adblockplus.org/hc/en-us/a ... ic-element
Almost works. But the navigation line gets covered / unusable if I block the banner area.
mk79 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:35 pm Only downside is the breadcrumb line moves under the header block, but you get the most out of the space 🤷‍♂️
Not sure what you mean. It is in a fixed position with AdblockPlus.
You're both saying the same thing. If you block the banner, the breadcrumb/navigation line vanishes behind the header

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO