EasyPTR MINOB corrupting application window attributes?

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

EasyPTR MINOB corrupting application window attributes?

Post by JonS »

Hi,
While tinkering with a little program, I've noticed strange behaviour with the colour attributes of application windows following the setting of text in an information object. I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but I'm pretty certain that setting an information object using MINOB should not change the attributes of application windows!

This is being written on QPCII, SMSQ/E, WMAN2 with large screen resolution and system palettes.

What seems to be happening is when I refresh the screen (function REFRESH_AW) it changes the application window background colour to be the system palette TITLE BACKGROUND value if MINOB is used and doesn't if MINOB (line 3650) is removed. It shows itself best if you set TITLE BACKGROUND to a vivid colour.

Start program gives you what can be viewed in
screen1.jpg
Hit refresh and you get
screen2.jpg
Remove line 3650 and run, then hit refresh and you still get
screen1.jpg
I don't know what's going on here, so any ideas are welcome...I've attached the test code (altered to make it fit in 512x256) and menu should you wish to try it (zipped on Windows).

Regards

Jon
Attachments
testminob.zip
(1.34 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: EasyPTR MINOB corrupting application window attributes?

Post by pjw »

I dont off the top of my head know why, but just put the MINOB line before the MAWDRAWs and your problem should go away!
Looking forward to the end product, whatever it may be.. ;)
PS Just in case: Make sure youre using the latest ptrmen_cde toolkit, currently V4.10.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Re: EasyPTR MINOB corrupting application window attributes?

Post by JonS »

Thanks for the response Per.

Yes, that avoids the problem, but I still find it strange that MINOB should impact application window attributes.

Never mind, rather than spending time on something I can avoid, I'll get back to my project...