Chip Price Reductions

Sell your QL items here!
RWAP
RWAP Master

Chip Price Reductions

Post by RWAP »

Having found some more QL chips in my stocks, I have reduced the prices of some of the standard QL components - see:

http://www.sellmyretro.com/store/RWAP_S ... Components

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Chip Price Reductions

Post by Dave »

This is a good deal.

Are these chips tested, and what warranty do you offer?

Do you mind telling us roughly how many of each you have on hand? Also, what about the MC1377?

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

These were all Tony Firshman's old stock - most of the sleeves say 'tested' but I have not tested them and have not come across any non-working ones yet! Hmm - what warranty would you want on new old stock chips - I guess it has to be 1 month only - as it could be a problem elsewhere on the QL which blows them!

I am short of the MC1377P chips unfortunately - I have only a handful, that I keep for my own repairs.

Have plenty of 8302 ULAs (maybe 100), and less 8301 chips (maybe 30) - not worth counting them all!
Probably about 10-15 or so 8409 chips.

I think I have a tube of 68008 processors too....

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Could you do like a set for restoring one QL? I have a few scrap pile machines that I should really restore for friends.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Not really worth it - if you use the HTML service manual from the QL Today DVD - you should be able to identify which chip has failed, it is generally only the one!

Alas, 8 times out of 10 it is one of the memory chips (I don't have any of these)

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

RWAP wrote: Alas, 8 times out of 10 it is one of the memory chips (I don't have any of these)
But they still can be had from usual electronics suppliers. I haven't seen any 4564 as originally used lately, but the 4164 can still be had in quantities and should be a drop-in replacement.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Ah I shall give it a go then, just thought it would make a nice spares package :) Might make for an article or something.