QTImage 1.5

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QTImage 1.5

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have QTImage on my QPC2/SMSQmulatorQ68 system, which I define a Hotkey and Button to load the programme:

ERT HOT_LOAD ('i','win1_qtimage_qtimage_obj')
HOT_GO
BT_HOTKEY 'i',QTImage'

Add this to a boot file and either pressing ALT i or clicking on the Button in the Button Frame.

See Qpac2 manual for more information.

Also, Fileinfo2 could be used load a PIC or JPEG, but Fileinfo2 needs a little configuring as QTImage does not seem to allow command line strings.

Maybe next version of QTImage have PIC or JPG files be defined in the commad line, lkike:

For JPEG:

EX QTImage;-i picture_jpg'

or

For PIC file:

EX QTImage;-p picture_jpg'

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I configured Fileinfo2 to load JPEGs or PICs into QTImage, when excuting JPG for PIC files, see FI2Config screen:
Fileinfo2 Config Screen
Fileinfo2 Config Screen
Since QTImage does not use the filename in a command line string to load the data file, so I had to configure Fileinfo2 to emulate application menu key presses. I had to insert PAUSEs in the command string and use the QTImage Menu commands. As the the system is too fast for the software to register the option selection.

The TAB option selects the main window as QTImage starts up with the pointer over the Exit option and does not allow selection of the QTImage menu selection.

When the main window is selected, the QTImage menu options can be selected, '0' for for File Menu and '0' for Image Import or '1' for PIC import.

This seems to work on QLWA containers, NFA/DOS partitions, though is a little slow on loading to image, due to the PAUSE statements in the Fileinfo2 command setup.

Regards,

Derek
Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I configured Fileinfo2 to load JPEGs or PICs into QTImage, when excuting JPG for PIC files, see FI2Config screen:
FI2Config.png
Since QTImage does not use the filename in a command line string to load the data file, so I had to configure Fileinfo2 to emulate application menu key presses. I had to insert PAUSEs in the command string and use the QTImage Menu commands. As the the system is too fast for the software to register the option selection.

The TAB option selects the main window as QTImage starts up with the pointer over the Exit option and does not allow selection of the QTImage menu selection.

When the main window is selected, the QTImage menu options can be selected, '0' for for File Menu and '0' for Image Import or '1' for PIC import.

This seems to work on QLWA containers, NFA/DOS partitions, though is a little slow on loading to image, due to the PAUSE statements in the Fileinfo2 command setup.

This is incorrect, QTIMAGE regularly uses the CMD$ and automatically recognizes the file type

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Giorgio Garabello wrote:This is incorrect, QTIMAGE regularly uses the CMD$ and automatically recognizes the file type
Sorry, I forgot to put the filename on the stack in the Fileinfo2 stack, the configuration for Fileinfo2, so the Fileinfo2 configuration is:
QTIMage.png
The Jpeg loads a lot faster.

I also changed my Fileinfo2 entry for PIC files and the alot faster loading.

Is there going to be any support for other graphics file formats: PNG for example.

But a really nice programme, now part of my usual setup.

Regards,

Derek