tools_rext

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

tools_rext

Post by dilwyn »

I'm trying to find which toolkit this is.

It has a filename of tools_rext and contains the following extensions:

CAPSLOCK, CHAN_B%, CHAN_L, CHAN_W%, CHECK%, CHECKF, EDLINE$, KEYBOARD, LOWER$, NET%, PEEK_$, POKE_$, PURGE, QDOS$, QPTR$, REPLACE, RESET, UPPER$, USE

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: tools_rext

Post by tofro »

dilwyn wrote:I'm trying to find which toolkit this is.

It has a filename of tools_rext and contains the following extensions:

CAPSLOCK, CHAN_B%, CHAN_L, CHAN_W%, CHECK%, CHECKF, EDLINE$, KEYBOARD, LOWER$, NET%, PEEK_$, POKE_$, PURGE, QDOS$, QPTR$, REPLACE, RESET, UPPER$, USE
Dilwyn,

quite a lot of the keywords seem to be from Simon Goodwin's DIY TK (multiple sections, though). Of the ones you listed, DIYTK doesn't however, seem to have CAPSLOCK, KEYBOARD, QPTR$ and RESET. All of the others, however, seem to be present there, some of them unique to DIY - I'd guess someone has mixed, matched and extended DIY for their own purposes here.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

I did a search for CAPSLOCK and QPTR$ in the Online SuperBASIC manual -- not found. Maybe you've found a previously unknown species of toolkit? ;)

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

My first assumption was that it was probably a merged toolkit as tofro suggested.

I don't have a copy, it's just that it's listed in the names list for NameCheck, which I've been updating. The original list came from Wolfgang's site (it's either the same or derived from a similar one on my site). Unfortunately, I don't know who added it to the list originally.

The other toolkit which needs its info updating is the IO2 toolkit from (I think) H P Recktenwald. Although it's mentioned on the remnants of his website, not enough details for me to fill in the proc/fn/etc column in the list. Anyone have a manual I could borrow? It seems to have hundreds of keywords.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Thanks to Markus in Switzerland, I now know it was a small toolkit which Oliver Fink used in some of his programs, e.g. his pointer driven font editor.

I don't have documentation, but I can look at the tools_rext file now to find out what's procedures and what's functions (8 procs - RESET PURGE USE REPLACE POKE_$ KEYBOARD FREEZE CAPSLOCK, the other 13 keywords are functions).

Haven't got the _asm source, but might have a quick disassembly at some point to see if it contains DIY toolkit extensions or not.