Richard Alexander (CGH Services)

QL Wiki discussion for anything Wiki related
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: Richard Alexander (CGH Services)

Post by Sparrowhawk »

RichardCGH wrote: I've downloaded the QPC2 emulator, but anything to do with Pointer Environment is lost on me.
Q-emuLator is my preferred emulator, although you have to pay for the full (ie accelerated) version. Well worth the price imo. It's closer to the traditional QL than QPC, so you might want to give that a spin, to see if its a better fit?

I've also been playing with SMSQmulator this weekend) - free, but you'll need a Java runtime installed.
The Q68 sounds interesting
Lovely little machine - it runs the full graphical QL desktops fine, but being a luddite I run all my QL envs in text mode :D
and I'll probably be getting a Raspberry Pi400 some time this year (but it'll take a while to get used to it.)
Yep, mine is happily running SMSQmulator ans sQLux (SDL2 port of uQLx).
Oh and a Spectrum Next has also been bought ...
Although I understand that QL cores are being worked on.)
I've ordered one of these too... OMG, I am spending the pandemic buying retro technology... :D
QL Adventurer's Forum ? Probably best idea is a dedicated thread on this board for people to post reviews, hints, ask for help etc.
Good idea!

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
RichardCGH
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by RichardCGH »

Talking of QL Adventurers Forum, I see someone has decided to cash in on their rarity value and is asking for £5.00 a copy on eBay.

I was following the auction for a big bundle of mags that included them but didn't push the price up.

If they sell quickly I'm tempted to download the .pdfs and run a few off.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

RichardCGH wrote:Talking of QL Adventurers Forum, I see someone has decided to cash in on their rarity value and is asking for £5.00 a copy on eBay.

I was following the auction for a big bundle of mags that included them but didn't push the price up.

If they sell quickly I'm tempted to download the .pdfs and run a few off.
I saw those. No.1 caught my attention. Interesting, but I wouldn't personally pay £5 each for them! The seller should have put them all on as a job lot IMO. They are the kind of thing that you (i.e. any regular QL stuff buyer) will probably end up getting at some stage for free in a QL job lot.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.