Crazy Ebay prices

Discussions for anything QL related up for Auction.
Andrew
Aurora

Crazy Ebay prices

Post by Andrew »

Aquanaut https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sinclair-QL- ... SwRCZfx~bQ
started at 5£ - after 19 bids it's 150£ and still almost 2 days for bidding

Graphic Toolkit - Pyramide https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sinclair-QL- ... SwX-Bfx-Wd
same - started at 5£ - after 18 bids it's 150£

Sinclair QL - Nucleon - Pyramide - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sinclair-QL- ... SwOkRfx-8A
same - started at 5£ - after 13 bids it's 150£

All 3 from the same seller. Very strange ...

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cristian
Aurora

Re: Crazy Ebay prices

Post by Cristian »

What a lucky seller :!:

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Wow, that is a lot of money.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Especially as two of them are free anyway.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

It's about the originality and the hunt. A lot of QL stuff is very rarely offered for sale, so when they do come up they can go for high prices depending on who sees it and what they are willing to pay. I've paid high prices before and would do so again!

It wasn't me this time though, but I regret it now, especially as they didn't move at all at the end. Those titles may not be offered for sale again for years.

The identity of the 2nd place person interests me though. Anyone on here? Hope they weren't shilled - don't think so though as I had a quick chat with the seller after winning something else and he was very surprised about the prices, said he nearly chucked them away.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Martin_Head wrote:Especially as two of them are free anyway.
:shock: Of course, anyone has every right to spend what he wants for anything, however...

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I never undserstand why anyone wants to play old games, tgat only work one the original QL setup.

But if thats what the public wants, I have many QL Game microdrive cartridges in the correct packaging, maybe get around to selling them on Ebay, which help with other QL deveopment projects.

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I have many QL Game microdrive cartridges in the correct packaging, maybe get around to selling them on Ebay, which help with other QL deveopment projects.
Sell them to me Derek, good prices paid (even if it might be a little unfair on others here).

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Derek said :

< I never understand why anyone wants to play old games, that only work on the original QL setup. >

These days, a new computer game costs more to make than a top rate film budget !

I knew the guy that devised the original 'magic snake' program, one afternoon on his cheap 'Oric Atmos' micro-computer, in the early eighties.

Today, youngsters dream of writing their own games. Much too complex ! so they look back at the early pioneers, like the Sinclair Spectrum game authors.

Hence the fashion of retro-computing, and game playing, with Basic coding that can serve as examples. Then onto C++ or JavaScript ?

Personally, I bought me JM QL, not to play games, but to computerise my surveying job. Being retired and covid-confined, games now interest me more...

Here's wishing you a good recovery from your 'op.

Steve.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

stevepoole wrote:Derek said :

< I never understand why anyone wants to play old games, that only work on the original QL setup. >

These days, a new computer game costs more to make than a top rate film budget !

I knew the guy that devised the original 'magic snake' program, one afternoon on his cheap 'Oric Atmos' micro-computer, in the early eighties.

Today, youngsters dream of writing their own games. Much too complex ! so they look back at the early pioneers, like the Sinclair Spectrum game authors.

Hence the fashion of retro-computing, and game playing, with Basic coding that can serve as examples. Then onto C++ or JavaScript ?

Personally, I bought me JM QL, not to play games, but to computerise my surveying job. Being retired and covid-confined, games now interest me more...

Here's wishing you a good recovery from your 'op.

Steve.
Hi Steve,

I went through the W3Schools tutorial on Javascript, all very nicely presented. It looks like I know more than I thought.

Not quit what I meant, which I mean to write new software for the QL.

Instead of using the not so good existing software.

Regards,

Derek