Auto-boot in JS ROM

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Auto-boot in JS ROM

Post by bwinkel67 »

Is there a way to get JS ROM to autoboot like Minerva does? I'm guessing this would have to be a modification withing the ROM itself, no?

I posted my ZXSimulator on line (http://zxsimulator.epizy.com) and would love it to autoboot but would like to keep that iconic QL bootscreen.

janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Re: Auto-boot in JS ROM

Post by janbredenbeek »

bwinkel67 wrote:Is there a way to get JS ROM to autoboot like Minerva does? I'm guessing this would have to be a modification withing the ROM itself, no?
I posted my ZXSimulator on line (http://zxsimulator.epizy.com) and would love it to autoboot but would like to keep that iconic QL bootscreen.
You probably have to write some extension ROM code that puts either F1 or F2 into the keyboard queue of channel #0. As this gets called before the QL ROM waits for a keypress you can avoid modifying the QL ROM itself.

Jan

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

What's about the "BOOT" device? Or is that only relevant when F1 or F2 is pressed?

4E75 7000
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

I've been trying my luck with TSR programs in DOSBox but no luck. They seem to just stop working once QLAY is running. I've tried KEY-FAKE, STUFFKEY, and STUFFIT and none seem to work. They are key stuffers that supposedly can do it in a timed manner but once QLAY takes over you are done with. You'd think if it is TSR it would still exist and just send the damn F2 key :-/ I've even had them sit there and wait a whole minute while I boot QLAY up by hand to just to see if they can print the word "HELLO" on the QL's console but nothing.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Why not using AutoHotkey?

4E75 7000
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

RalfR wrote:Why not using AutoHotkey?
I'll give that a try. Hopefully it's not dependent on Windows since a few I tried won't work in DOSBox.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

It is of course a native WIN application. But I think, you start the DOSbox under Windows, so it should work. As long as you have Windows running.

4E75 7000
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

RalfR wrote:It is of course a native WIN application. But I think, you start the DOSbox under Windows, so it should work. As long as you have Windows running.
No, this is DOSBox.js that runs in a browser under JavaScript with no Windows support.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Reading the Qlay 0.90 maual, there is an entry in 7.1 Bugs

Undocumented/untested/unstable development options:
-F100 : fake F1 during boot

Maybe this would work, or if it does not work, maybe the fake F1 option could be fixed.

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

bwinkel67 wrote:Is there a way to get JS ROM to autoboot like Minerva does? I'm guessing this would have to be a modification withing the ROM itself, no?

Nice web page and the accompying You Tube was an enjoyable watch.

Regards,

Derek