QL Tinkering

Helpful tips and guides, also new users can ask for help here.
qbits
Trump Card

Re: QL Tinkering

Post by qbits »

Hi
The SELect On not working with integers with some versions of SuperBASIC I forgoten about that one working with QPC2.
I've made a few changes so hopefully will work across most platforms!

QBITS
Attachments
QBOrganiser_v02Beta.pdf
(1.87 MiB) Downloaded 294 times
QBOrg_v02QPC2Beta.zip
(28.49 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

It is strange, that my Qemulator default is Minerva, but then I remember, that I read the manual and changed the default configuration to use Minerva v1.98

I usually execute the Qemulator config file which loads the Qemulator executable with the QL configuration file.

As Jan indicated Minerva can use Integer and String variable on the SELect statement, see the Minerva manual for more details and SMSQ/E uses this as well. So I guess this is a case of using an old operating system.

My only concern is the lack of default file when the Organiser starts, I would of hoped for a configuration file to be supplied, or use the Toolkit 2 FTEST command to test for the presence of the default file,if not existing, then create one.

But this aside, the programme and documentation is excellent.

Regards,

Derek
qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

Derek
Thanks for your thoughtful words and a possible solution! (Not the TK2 FTEST - I get BAD Name?)

Start-up options – for those running older ROMs without TK2, you may need to set the dr% value for Default Drive and personalise the DATA Devices - flp1_, Win1_ etc. at the beginning of the Prog.

For those with TK2 and later version of S/SuperBASIC and SMSQ/E it is possible to use WHEN ERRor function. Something along the lines shown below should Capture Errors within the Program and not print to channel#0 and halt the OL Interpreter! (Note: Place at beginning of Program)

WHEN ERRor
IF ERR_NF OR ERR_DF OR ERR_IU OR ERR_Bn OR ERR_FE
CURSOR#ch%,30,160:PRINT#ch%,’NOT Found!’: OrgSetUP
ENDIF
END WHEN

ERR_NF ‘NOT Found’, ERR_DF ‘Drive Full’, ERR_IU ‘In Use’, ER_BN ’Bad Name’, ERR_FE ’Bad or Changed Medium’.

PROC OrgSetUp – Change QBITS Organiser Settings – includes change of Default Drive
Note: The Drives available are set within the Program and can be personalised.

Another possibility would be to use QBITS TextEd for Direct Input of new Device Drive.

I hope I can enjoy some more feedback on the present release and explore this new option for the next.

QBITS

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

qbits wrote:Hi
The SELect On not working with integers with some versions of SuperBASIC I forgoten about that one working with QPC2.
I've made a few changes so hopefully will work across most platforms!

QBITS
That's a bit better. I had a little play on qemulator with JS and TK2. The previous issue has gone with line 1150.

When I try the 'planner' or 'settings' option I get 1127 bad line (it still has the SELect on m%).
When I select 'Diary' I get 1892 bad line (variable wn not properly set up?).

Have not tested futher on various variations of a real BBQL yet.

As an aside QBITS, I have a ton of virt. NOS md carts that I sell. To help them sell I sometimes put various PD games and stuff on them, for people that have discovered a real BBQL with jammed up (or no) carts, just so they can actually do something with it so that it becomes more than an ornament! Have you created software that is BBQL suitable that will fit on an md cart?

P.S. Data in line 1043.... I think Dentice should be Dentist.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

Chr$ wrote: My BBQL has Minerva, so that must have been why it wasn't an issue there. Qemulator is default JS. Do you know if German MGG ROM is ok with integer?
It said "SYNTAX-FEHLER", hence no... I believe the MG ROM isn't much different from JS apart from a few bug fixes and foreign language support.

Jan

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

janbredenbeek wrote:
Chr$ wrote: My BBQL has Minerva, so that must have been why it wasn't an issue there. Qemulator is default JS. Do you know if German MGG ROM is ok with integer?
It said "SYNTAX-FEHLER", hence no... I believe the MG ROM isn't much different from JS apart from a few bug fixes and foreign language support.

Jan
Thanks Jan. I could have just tried it myself, but you were quicker!

I'm pleased your here too, as I was going to ask if you'd mind if I included QED on my BBQL useful utilities md carts? I expect to retail about 5 if I'm lucky, but I don't charge anymore for carts with stuff on than I do for empty ones.

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

Chr$ wrote: I'm pleased your here too, as I was going to ask if you'd mind if I included QED on my BBQL useful utilities md carts? I expect to retail about 5 if I'm lucky, but I don't charge anymore for carts with stuff on than I do for empty ones.
No problem, just be sure to take the latest version 2.02 from GitHub as this has a lot more features and is reasonably stable.

Jan.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

janbredenbeek wrote:
Chr$ wrote: I'm pleased your here too, as I was going to ask if you'd mind if I included QED on my BBQL useful utilities md carts? I expect to retail about 5 if I'm lucky, but I don't charge anymore for carts with stuff on than I do for empty ones.
No problem, just be sure to take the latest version 2.02 from GitHub as this has a lot more features and is reasonably stable.

Jan.
Will do, thanks very much.

qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

Hi,
Thanking you for your try out of QBITS Organiser with different QL Platforms and versions of QL Basic:
Probably not there quite there yet, but I’ve taken onboard your suggestions:
For backward compatibility SELect functions now use FP.
A little rejigging of Procedures and Start-up now goes to Settings for choice of Default Drive.
I’m also trying out the TK2 WHEN ERRor function.

I’d appreciate any other suggestions especially with regard to use of WHEN ERRor.

Chris any of my postings here, Progs etc as with Dilyyn and RWAP are given free to use and distribute.

QBITS
Attachments
QBOrg_v02M25.zip
(14.28 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
QBOrganiser_v02M25.pdf
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 143 times
Last edited by qbits on Tue May 26, 2020 8:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

As I have stated earlier, the TK2 default directories are always a problem, if you want to find your file. If e.g. you have set your DATA_USE to dev1_ and try to find e.g. flp1_myfile and FTEST does not find it, it looks for "dev1_flp1_myfile". This is also true with all the other TK2 Fxxx functions. So for this, I always find them useless.

I do not know, if DEVICE_STATUS from the Turbo_toolkit bypasses the TK2 directories.

In Sedit, I always saved SV_DDLST and set that to "0" so the TK2 default directories does not use them, as I want to find the real path. After that, I patched the var to its original state.

4E75 7000