QL-VGA Case

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Re: QL-VGA Case

Post by bwinkel67 »

Oh, that looks nice. Making the STL file available for anyone to print would be ideal. I have decided for now to forgo getting one of those SCART to HDMI converters since the one I got form Amazon is broken -- the seller refunded me the money but I have a broken unit that doesn't give an HDMI output and I don't think those are fixable (it's got two surface mount IC's and one is basically a LCD TV chip and the other an HDMI out chip and I don't think they can be replaced.

Might as well wait and get a QL-to-VGA card that was specifically designed for the QL and won't have screen issues. Of course now my super-nifty SCART cable I made is going to go to waste.

I had also looked online for a small TV/Monitor with SCART but then of course, they will likely not be ATSC. I don't think anyone made SCART for US markets...

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

I had to iron out one last problem with the FPGA code for the production version, but things are progressing:
QL-VGA boards.jpg
You're looking at 3654 hand soldered joints, not counting the cables I made :roll: It's not quite as bad as it sounds, I keep investing my earnings in good equipment and acquired some good techniques along the way, but still, this is work ;)
I will distribute a few boards to users within Germany first and then we'll see where it goes from there and what the situation with the world in general will be.

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

My CDO just kicked in...where is the 30th one?

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

I had to send two FPGA boards to Dilwyn to supply a bug-fix, therefore I have one less than VGA boards.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

mk79 wrote:I had to send two FPGA boards to Dilwyn to supply a bug-fix, therefore I have one less than VGA boards.
Lesson #56: never send anything to Dilwyn to test it. He breaks it. :ugeek: :twisted:

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

In that one single instance it wasn’t your fault :-P