Today I Received...

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Today I Received...

Post by dilwyn »

dilwyn wrote:Well, given up with the Simple Video Scalar and conclude it doesn't work with QL.
I should add that the company have been most reasonable and agreed to a refund when I return the device. I think they said they honour returns for either 4 weeks or a month, as opposed to the 14 days from delivery under Distance Selling Regulations in the UK.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Thanks Marcel. Had searched but couldn't find it.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

dilwyn wrote:
XorA wrote:
mk79 wrote:I dimly remember that they changed the cable to fix a problem with SGC, that change might be related to it. There was a thread in the forum many years ago.
Yeah I reported the SGC problem to them and AFAIK they fixed the cable in later ones!
Yes, the mod is indicated on the label on the cable when it arrived. Do you happen to remember what the specific issue was when a Super Gold Card was plugged in?

On my Gold Card QL both the original 1.1 and the new 1.3 cables work fine without any visible difference in picture quality.
Sync signal is apparently used on sgc for ram refresh. Misssing the resistor squished the signal to less than ttl levels.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

No way! My BBQL wouldn't boot with the known working Gold Card from my custom cased QL that I acquired recently. It was due to the RGB/Scart cable! Why it wouldn't boot at all had been a concern for a while. My RGB/Scart cable is one that was previously used with a +3, so not QL specific. Works now with a different cable, pleased I saw this!

(oddly though, using the same problem cable the custom cased QL does boot with the GC installed)

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Today I received:

1000x 5117400 4mx4 DRAMs (two make 4MBytes)...

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

100+ 3,5" HD disks, 50 of them new and empty, the rest with Windows installation programs.

4E75 7000
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Ralf R. wrote:100+ 3,5" HD disks, 50 of them new and empty, the rest with Windows installation programs.
Blimey, your S_Edit sources must be bigger than I thought :twisted: ;)

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

dilwyn wrote:
Ralf R. wrote:100+ 3,5" HD disks, 50 of them new and empty, the rest with Windows installation programs.
Blimey, your S_Edit sources must be bigger than I thought :twisted: ;)
:D :D :D . Yes, it seems so. I am really glad, that I had a backup in the office. Time to publish it all. Your server seems to be more safe than my harddisk.

Today, those disks seem hard to find and not cheap. So, if someone wants to get a 10er, I am willing to post them (no money for them...just the postage).

4E75 7000
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Hi Ralph,

why not upload the code for your programs to the SinclairQL github repository? I've got some of mine up there and it acts like an off site (cloud?) backup, plus, anyone who wants to develop my code further - any takers? - can fork the repo and play around as desired.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.