Psion Software with Gold Card

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Psion Software with Gold Card

Post by pjw »

Ralf R. wrote:<>
I have discovered this for the first time, when I have used Marcels latest XChange (the bigger window) under SMSQmulator. And saw that bug for the first time. I do not know, if it was XChange ot SMSQmulator.
Pretty sure its in Xchange. Cant recall when it first started.
My only workaround is to GOTO some page above and scroll down; never scroll upwards. Still, it catches me out sometimes, and so I no longer use XQuill to write stuff..

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

A lot of people will confirm it's Quill (and I'm pretty sure the same bug was already present in the stand-alone Quill).

The bug occurs on basically any QL platform.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Yes the original Quill always had this bug (well since v2.xx), however, XChange never seemed to do it for me.... but then I am not sure I have used the hi colour version

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

RWAP wrote:Yes the original Quill always had this bug (well since v2.xx), however, XChange never seemed to do it for me.... but then I am not sure I have used the hi colour version
Well, I have used XChange since Martin Berndt has "published" his "Turbo XChange" for QL in 1986 so never knew about the Quill bug. The bug first appeared (to me) with Marcels version.

4E75 7000
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Even early QL World articles from like 1984 (they had a "Psion Solutions" regular column back then) recommend to "avoid heavy scrolling in the document, especially upwards - instead, GO to the beginning of the document and scroll down from there".

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO