EasyCircuit v2.01 (German) now Freeware

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

EasyCircuit v2.01 (German) now Freeware

Post by Chr$ »

EasyCircuit was a German language CAD/Circuit design program by Andreas von Döllen. It was originally developed 1993-1996 and he has given me permission to make it freeware as long as credit to him is always given. A QL format zip of the contents of the original master floppy is attached, which includes all the (old) toolkits/stuff it needs to load first before EX'ing the exe. It works fine on Qemulator, but doesn't work on my QXLII system (yet). Simply run the boot file (paths all reference flp1_). Andreas pointed out to me earlier today that it can also import Hewlett-Packard Graphics Language HPGL files.

It was originally commercially available for 65 Deutsche Marks, it is mentioned in the German QL mag "QL Today", on p.3:

http://www.sinclairql.net/qlt/QLToday_V01-I4_de.pdf

(it mentions a new v2.10 from 1996, but I haven't located that version yet!)

Here's a demo pic of a section of space shuttle (there is also a plane) :
Image1.jpg
And here's part of a circuit. When creating a circuit there are a selection of common components to select and place on screen.
Image2.jpg
There is also a help section (all in German).
Image3.jpg
P.S. I believe it was written in SuperBASIC and then compiled as an exe with SuperCharge.
Attachments
Ec3.zip
(225.41 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: EasyCircuit v2.01 (German) now Freeware

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Chr$,

Easycircuit looks really good, please pass my complements to the author.

I never read the German issues of QL Today, as I thought they were a German translation of the English magazines.

There looks to some interesting articles not mentioned in the English magazine.

For example there is a nice article on BasicV by H.P. Reckenwald, no mention in the english issue.

Regards,

Derek
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Oh cool. I will give that one a go.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Derek_Stewart wrote: I never read the German issues of QL Today, as I thought they were a German translation of the English magazines.
Pleased to have brought something to your attention that you were not aware of!

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

P.S. I believe it was written in SuperBASIC and then compiled as an exe with SuperCharge.
Would be cool to see the actual SuperBASIC program and run it. Compiling probably sped it up but with the faster machines and emulators it would probably run pretty decently form source. Also, how do old executables deal with bigger screen sizes if you have a machine that gives you more? If you have source you could more easily change over executables. I do recall using a Hex editor to fix a Tank game back in the early 90's when all I had was a TV and it would switch to monitor mode and cause my screen to roll. I have no idea how I figured out what to look for but I was able to fix it. I didn't disassemble it.

EmmBee
Trump Card

Post by EmmBee »

bwinkel67 wrote:
Would be cool to see the actual SuperBASIC program and run it. Compiling probably sped it up but with the faster machines and emulators it would probably run pretty decently form source. Also, how do old executables deal with bigger screen sizes if you have a machine that gives you more? If you have source you could more easily change over executables. I do recall using a Hex editor to fix a Tank game back in the early 90's when all I had was a TV and it would switch to monitor mode and cause my screen to roll. I have no idea how I figured out what to look for but I was able to fix it. I didn't disassemble it.
I've tried to get this to run using QPC2 but with no joy. Looking at the EXE files on a text viewer reveals they are Q_Liberator compiled and version 3.36.

About the larger screens, there is a BOOT file that you could experiment with the screen sizes. Perhaps you could try centering #0 on the screen. And remember to adjust the OUTLN as well as this can affect how the pointer works

Michael

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

EmmBee wrote:Looking at the EXE files on a text viewer reveals they are Q_Liberator compiled and version 3.36.
So they are, good spot.

I found this, a SuperBASIC program named as v2.11 from 1997. I haven't tried it.
Attachments
ec211_bas.zip
(26.33 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

EmmBee
Trump Card

Post by EmmBee »

Chr$ wrote:I found this, a SuperBASIC program named as v2.11 from 1997. I haven't tried it.
I haven't been able to get this one to work, either.

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Tried running the basic program on QLAY2 (I also use QLA2K when I want sound but it kind of messes too much with audio) and got some weird errors:

Code: Select all

150 GLOBAL a%
Is that a QLiberator thing?

240 Ax$='<<QCFX>>01
This line started with that but was over three lines and had unprintable characters.

It also looks like it will be reading in some code from flp1 (ptrmem_cde). This likely needs to be compiled.

EmmBee
Trump Card

Post by EmmBee »

bwinkel67 wrote:Tried running the basic program on QLAY2 (I also use QLA2K when I want sound but it kind of messes too much with audio) and got some weird errors:

150 GLOBAL a%
Is that a QLiberator thing?

240 Ax$='<<QCFX>>01
This line started with that but was over three lines and had unprintable characters.

It also looks like it will be reading in some code from flp1 (ptrmem_cde). This likely needs to be compiled.
I did manage to get the executable to work, after all. I had to use HOT_STOP before LRESPR-ing the extensions, and then use HOT_GO again.
So, I now have this working in QPC2.

In the SuperBASIC code, GLOBAL is a Q_Liberator keyword, which makes its parameter available to other QLIB jobs, if I remember correctly.
And yes, there is the need to LRESPR flp1_ptrmenr_cde in the same manner as with the executables. There is a variable called "mod", which is no good because there is the maths MOD keyword. So, looks like you would have to replace mod with modd or something, then delete the MISTake's. Looks like it should run either in basic or compiled.