My Sinclair QL Workstation running ...

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
genetika
Over Heated PSU

My Sinclair QL Workstation running ...

Post by genetika »

... launchpad GUI in action !

:D

Max

My Video : https://youtu.be/Ck-F49tVfPg

SD Images download : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SdBO6 ... FLlT2oum2r

Picture :
Attachments
83523022-058A-45EA-ADDA-35086EDBD722.jpeg

dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: My Sinclair QL Workstation running ...

Post by dilwyn »

Thank you Max, nice video showing Launchpad in action.

A small point - some of the icons seem to launch a boot program which installs extensions while Launchpad is running. Launchpad is a normal job, and installing extensions while a job is running is not normally a good move, as it risks something going wrong later.

Of course, this was just for filming a demo video, so no problem, but I would strongly recommend that any extensions any of your programs may need are installed from a single boot program before Launchpad is executed (i.e. installed with NO jobs running).

genetika
Over Heated PSU

Post by genetika »

dilwyn wrote:Thank you Max, nice video showing Launchpad in action.

A small point - some of the icons seem to launch a boot program which installs extensions while Launchpad is running. Launchpad is a normal job, and installing extensions while a job is running is not normally a good move, as it risks something going wrong later.

Of course, this was just for filming a demo video, so no problem, but I would strongly recommend that any extensions any of your programs may need are installed from a single boot program before Launchpad is executed (i.e. installed with NO jobs running).
Thanks Dilwyn !!!
I will modify my boot file in order to include all the extensions during the startup!

Max

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

dilwyn wrote:Thank you Max, nice video showing Launchpad in action.
Ok, never used LauchPad, but why are outlines of items available, when there is nothing in it? This sems to be a bug to me or mere a general bug of the system.

4E75 7000