Q-dock

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Artificer
Brittle Membrane

Q-dock

Post by Artificer »

Q-dock is a great program. I got it with the Q68. And yes here is the "but" has anyone else noticed that with a job name of only 2 characters i.e "QD" the Q-dock launcher moves the pointer to the right insead of launching QD. Make the job name "QD+" and everything works as expected and all other jobs.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Q-dock

Post by dilwyn »

Artificer wrote:Q-dock is a great program. I got it with the Q68. And yes here is the "but" has anyone else noticed that with a job name of only 2 characters i.e "QD" the Q-dock launcher moves the pointer to the right insead of launching QD. Make the job name "QD+" and everything works as expected and all other jobs.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers
I'll have a look some time this week when I get a chance, thanks for reporting.

Dilwyn

dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Q-dock

Post by dilwyn »

I got overtaken by events trying to look at this, sorry.

The code for picking a job within Q-Dock is basically just a compiled PTOP statement, with the job name passed in a string array element:

ch% = 0 : PTOP #ch%,jobname$(dock_no%,icon_no%)

As I am having difficulty reproducing the problem, can you narrow it down a little for me - does this happen
(1) when you left click on the QD icon with a copy already running (if a copy is already running a left click PICKs a job instead of starting a new copy of the job).
(2) from the PICK or SET&PICK option in the action menu when you right click the QD icon.
or both, of course.