QL-VGA

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: QL-VGA

Post by dilwyn »

mk79 wrote:
dilwyn wrote:Great work Marcel, look forward to it becoming available!

Theold solution of using the cheap City-Skys Chinese scart-hdmi upscaler worked well, including fixing the "missing pixels" issue, but was clumsy - see https://www.qlforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php ... t=10#p5964

Still gets used from time to time and I know that the monitor connections issue is one of the questions most often asked of me, so Marcel might be on to a winner here if the device makes it to production.
Many different devices seem to use the same enclosure. I have one that looks exactly like yours but is missing pixels. Tofro once brought his, again looks identical, but didn't work at all here (but works well for him!). So this is more a hit-and-miss thing and at some point I didn't want to buy any more misses ;)
Exactly why I'm hoping you will be able to bring your device to market.

The SCART-HDMI solution worked well enough for me, luckily (not for everyone though, as you found out), although I hated its bulkiness more than anything. I suppose I could fix it to the TV/Monitor for a tidier semi-permanent solution.

How do you expect your device to connect the QL eventually - will it be expansion connector (with through connector) for example?

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

dilwyn wrote:Exactly why I'm hoping you will be able to bring your device to market.
That is much too early to tell. It's probably easier to manufacture than the QL-SD but we'll see.
How do you expect your device to connect the QL eventually - will it be expansion connector (with through connector) for example?
That was the original plan with the RasPi but now that I own an SGC I like how it fits snuggly into the QL so expansion connector is out for me. This box is pretty much like the HDMI upscaler in that it connects to the RGB output and samples the pixel stream from there.

Marcel

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

In which case it has much wider utility than just for the QL.

Well played, Sir! Well played!