So, I have a day off today! I spent some of it making qxltool work - at least, it seems to work!
Please nip over to my githb at https://github.com/NormanDunbar/qxltools
and grab the code from the "working" branch, not the "master" branch. And compile it.
On Linux, it works. However, I have found a huge bug now that many years have passed since the utility was originally written, sizeof(QLDIR *) != sizeof(int)
and a lot of the code returns int
values which are simply int
casts of pointers, no no no no - at least, not on 64 bit systems. To this end, the Unix makefile now compiles in 32bit mode where sizeof(QLDIR *) == sizeof(int)
, until I get around to maybe perhaps, possibly thinking about wondering if I should perchance, look at it!
I've created and formatted QXL files, created directories, changed into them, deleted stuff etc etc, copied files from the OS into the QXL file, copied them back out and so on. So far, nothing I have done has broken it.
Please test and let me know if there's anything you find broken, if not, I'll put it "live". (I've also updated the qxltool.txt file with whatever info I have.)
If anyone has Windows C compilers, try compiling it to see if it still compiles, I'm not near a Windows box at the moment. It might still compile under C68 too. (He hinted!)