ql superbomber and m-crunch ..and more things

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: ql superbomber and m-crunch ..and more things

Post by Derek_Stewart »

nikosdoykas wrote:so if is in _ file then....ok i make a dissasembly ....1.zip
its an rtf... i dont know if its ok...
Hi,

Nice disassembley, but have a look at Disa or Dea, they both free and very good.

Disa requires the Extended Envoironment, Disa is my favourite.

I will upload my disassembley of the game for comparison.

Regards,

Derek
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

nikosdoykas wrote:
Martin_Head wrote:
nikosdoykas wrote: if i copy the files in the win1_ and win_use mdv then lrun mdv1_boot.... the QL (minerva and the jm) restarts ..
The win1_ medium name would need to be 'J Oobadiah' If I remember correctly, If the medium name is wrong, it resets the system.

so it must be win1_j Oobiadiah_ the folder?
No you would have to format win1... FORMAT "WIN1_J Oobadiah" ( note the space). Then copy the game files into the root of win1_ (with no subdirectories)

Alternatively you could patch the the game file (I think it was the one with a file name of '_', So it did not do the test anymore.

nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Post by nikosdoykas »

how i can patch the game????
in the _ file in hex i see ΤΗΕ MDV1_J Oobadiah.......... SO WHAT IS THE TRICK TO..... OVERRIDE THE TEST...?

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

nikosdoykas wrote:how i can patch the game????
in the _ file in hex i see ΤΗΕ MDV1_J Oobadiah.......... SO WHAT IS THE TRICK TO..... OVERRIDE THE TEST...?
Here's a snippet of my disassembly

Code: Select all

Josiah Oobadiah file named _ (underscore)

*  Start of Deassembly Code - Dea v5.2 Plus 3
*  Original file: ram1_file1
*  Code execution starts at $10000 with label Lab10000
START_CODE 
Lab10000  bsr.s     lab10022          ;check medium name
          bne.s     lab10020          ;error
          bsr.s     lab10074          ;allocate 73728 bytes in resident procedure area
          bsr       lab1008c          ;make sure we are in mode 8
          bsr       lab100a2          ;load mdv1_piccy into resident proc area
          bsr       lab10100          ;copy picture into screen display
          bsr       lab100aa          ;load "mdv1_ " into resident proc area
          bsr       lab10124          ;jump to start of resident proc area
Lab10020  rts

Lab10022  lea       lab1012c,a0       ;'mdv1_'
          moveq     #-1,d1
          moveq     #4,d3             ;directory
          moveq     #1,d0
          trap      #2
*  ¾¾¾ QDOS TRAP #2 - D0=$01 : IO.OPEN ¾¾¾

tst.l     d0
          bne.s     lab10020
          lea       lab10162,a1       ;10 byte buffer for medium name
          moveq     #-1,d3
          moveq     #$45,d0
          trap      #3
*  ¾¾¾ QDOS TRAP #3 - D0=$45 : FS.MDINF ¾¾¾

move.l    d0,d7
          moveq     #2,d0
          trap      #2
*  ¾¾¾ QDOS TRAP #2 - D0=$02 : IO.CLOSE ¾¾¾

tst.l     d7
          bne.s     lab10020
          lea       lab10162,a0       ;10 byte buffer with medium name
          lea       lab10134,a1       ;'J Oobadiah'
          moveq     #9,d0
Lab10050  cmpm.b     (a0)+,(a1)+      ;compare
          bne.s     lab1005c          ;don't match
          dbf       d0,lab10050
          moveq     #0,d0
          rts

Lab1005C  moveq     #0,d0             ;get system variables in A0
          trap      #1
*  ¾¾¾ QDOS TRAP #1 - D0=$00 : MT.INF ¾¾¾

Lab10060  tst.b     $ee(a0)             ; SV.MDRUN
          bne.s     lab10060          ;wait to microdrives to stop
          trap      #0                ;enter supervisor mode and turn off interrupts
          move.w    #$2700,sr
          move.l    4,-(a7)           ;do a reset???
          rts
Replacing the bsr.s lab10022, and bne.s lab10020, at the start, with a couple of NOP's (no operation) should do it.

nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Post by nikosdoykas »

OK ITS RUNNING FROM WIN1_ ...........(i make sothing on hex file change the first 4 hex with dots....) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (WIN_USE MDV)
BUTT AFTER SECOND SCREEEN THE GAME MAKE THE SAME THING AS ... IMG BLACK SCREEN AND RUNNING... F5-SPACE....NOT TOGETHER and i i can see the... welcome....s the game begins..... black screen(maybe is the qubide rom memory address....)(xmmm its not i change it) so i make s(start) hold....... then rapidly space...... and i play the 1 and second level...(its very hard with keys.... am not a good player....) i lose again black screen.... sssss hold space rapidly noooooo its not the compination of keys is just luck..... on ql with jm rom the game loading but it not work on f2 ( i cann see half of the welcome screen(bottom)) f1 its ok.....

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

nikosdoykas wrote:OK ITS RUNNING FROM WIN1_ ...........(i make sothing on hex file change the first 4 hex with dots....) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (WIN_USE MDV)
BUTT AFTER SECOND SCREEEN THE GAME MAKE THE SAME THING AS ... IMG BLACK SCREEN AND RUNNING... F5-SPACE....NOT TOGETHER and i i can see the... welcome....s the game begins..... black screen(maybe is the qubide rom memory address....)(xmmm its not i change it) so i make s(start) hold....... then rapidly space...... and i play the 1 and second level...(its very hard with keys.... am not a good player....) i lose again black screen.... sssss hold space rapidly noooooo its not the compination of keys is just luck..... on ql with jm rom the game loading but it not work on f2 ( i cann see half of the welcome screen(bottom)) f1 its ok.....
I don't know if there is something wrong about your QL? I know from previous posts that the game works OK on a Q68. I don't know if anyone else has tried it on a real QL.

I don't know your exact setup, But going from the pictures you posted here...

Does the QBIDE have a memory expansion? Or are you just running with 128K of RAM? If you just have 128K of RAM, That could cause problems with not having enough space for the game, and the memory the QBIDE will need for the 'map' that a WIN device will need.

Are there any other multitasking jobs running? Or could have been running? The game tries to load itself into the resident procedure area above SuperBASIC. If any jobs other than SuperBASIC are running then the resident procedure area is not available, and if you have Toolkit2 installed, it will 'redirect' a request for the resident procedure area to the common heap. And the game may not like being played there.

I see that there are Microdrives in your QL, Any chance of copying the game to a Microdrive cartridge, removing the QBIDE, and seeing if the game then runs OK.

After making my post above about bypassing the medium name check. I thought it would probably be easier, if in the boot program, when the (underscore) code is CALLed. Just add 4 to the address that is called, so you skip over the bsr.s and bne.s instructions.

nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Post by nikosdoykas »

SO I RUN THE THING ON 2 DIFFERENT QLS (ONE WITH MINERVA ON WITH JM) WITH QUBIDE (QUBATA3.10)WITH 512KB TOTAL 640K .... THE TK ITS SOFTWARE NOT HARDWARE NO IDONT HAVE ANY MDV'S

I RUN ALL THE SOFTWARE IN THE REAL HARDWARE NOT IN EMULATORS.... HAS ANYONE TRY THE JOSIAC ON A REAL QL????

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

nikosdoykas wrote:BUTT AFTER SECOND SCREEEN THE GAME MAKE THE SAME THING AS ... IMG BLACK SCREEN AND RUNNING... F5-SPACE....NOT TOGETHER and i i can see the... welcome....s the game begins.....
I have been trying to make a version of the game without the copy protection that loads as one code block, rather than 4 or 5 separate code blocks. Which will also allow it to run from a subdirectory. I have patched the game so that it will look for and save the high score table in the directory it was loaded from.

I now see a problem when loading/saving the high score table. it can cause Qemulator to throw up a 'The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation'.

The F5 save high score table option in the game, tries to save a block of memory above the RAM area. Now I don't know if I have caused this problem, or it's a bug. I need to investigate some more, but nicosdykas mentions pressing F5. What if you don't press F5 at all, in fact make sure that any drive that the game may think is mdv2_ does not have a file called JOdata_bin in it. And see if that improves things for you.

EDIT... It was me... I caused the problem....

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Here's a patched version the the game, without copy protection, and it should work OK from a directory. (A bit hard to test, as I can't do directories in Qemulator, and the game does not like QPC2 very much)

Edit the path$ in line 100 of the boot program to where the files are stored. The high score table will also be stored in this directory instead of mdv2_

If you want to try it in QPC2. Start QPC2 in 512x256 QL colour mode. and use a SLUG 100 or SLUG 200 before starting the game. But you don't get much further than the menus.
Attachments
OobadiahBeta1.zip
(19.3 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Post by nikosdoykas »

xm much better thanks a lotttt i strugle to run level 1 pass the level.... black... i got problem olso with m-cosmic some times run some time freeze...