Resident QLib Jobs

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RalfR
Aurora

Resident QLib Jobs

Post by RalfR »

Oliver Fink complains, that using S_Edit as a resident extension via LRESPR and using "!" to start with a command string does not work under SMSQ/E. I fear, I have never tried that under SMSQ/E. It works under QDOS and is nothing special, just a native QLib functiononality.

Do filters work with QLib resident extensions or is there a hickup under SMS? It also worked under Atari Level C.

Any ideas or suggestions?

4E75 7000
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Resident QLib Jobs

Post by tofro »

That is a known problem on SMSQ/E that QLib free running PROCedures won't work (which apparently boils down to the same thing)

Not sure what the reason is, however.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

tofro wrote:That is a known problem on SMSQ/E that QLib free running PROCedures won't work (which apparently boils down to the same thing)

Not sure what the reason is, however.

Tobias
On the QLiberator page on my website http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qlib/index.html there is an item called QLIB_RUN modified 2. I don't remember the background to this, but here's the description:
QLIB_RUN modified 2 - with the original QLiberator compiler up to and including v3.36 it was not possible to get External compiled procedures working on SMSQ/E systems. The SMSQ/E master disks included a pair of programs to patch the compiler runtimes QLIB_RUN to allow free running procedures to be compiled with QLiberator. Three versions are in the zip file, modified original QLIB_RUN plus re-modified versions of Thierry Godefroy's ERLIN/ERNUM modified versions above.
The SMSQ/E manual includes the following text:
QLiberators EXTERNals do not work

If you have compiled own procedures and functions using QLiberator, which you want to load using LRESPR, then you have to patch QLIB_RUN and QLIB_OBJ first to make them work. You will find two BASIC programs with the same name which will do this for you. You should also patch files with already inbuilt EXTERNals.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

I should have added that the patching programs referred to can be downloaded from Wolfgang's SMSQE pages at http://www.wlenerz.com/smsqe/add1.html

olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by olifink »

dilwyn wrote: The SMSQ/E manual includes the following text:

If you have compiled own procedures and functions using QLiberator, which you want to load using LRESPR, then you have to patch QLIB_RUN and QLIB_OBJ first to make them work. You will find two BASIC programs with the same name which will do this for you. You should also patch files with already inbuilt EXTERNals.
thanks Dilwyn and Ralf - I found that in the manual earlier today as well...

The modified runtime is loaded and the S_EDIT version is the one without it's own runitime… that should cover this part. But I suspect I need to patch the S_EDIT file as well (although the one I use doesn't include the rt). Also I didn't find the patch _bas in zip - perhaps anyone has a copy?

EmmBee
Trump Card

Post by EmmBee »

olifink wrote:
dilwyn wrote: The SMSQ/E manual includes the following text:

thanks Dilwyn and Ralf - I found that in the manual earlier today as well...

The modified runtime is loaded and the S_EDIT version is the one without it's own runitime… that should cover this part. But I suspect I need to patch the S_EDIT file as well (although the one I use doesn't include the rt). Also I didn't find the patch _bas in zip - perhaps anyone has a copy?
Here is the link .. http://www.wlenerz.com/smsqe/utilities.zip

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

The ZIP is a bit confusing. There is qlib_run.bas, qlibrun.bas and a qlib_run. Is the latter a complete modified one (incl. corrected ERNUM/ERLIN bug)?

Which patch programs must I use to make externals work with "!"? Have I change both myexternal_obj and Runtimes?

4E75 7000