Just look for Issue06.pdf.

Thanks,

Tim Swenson

Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Re: SMSQzine Issue #6

Post by Peter »

Hi Tim,

thanks for the good work, interesting read! I wonder whether you could also publish some of the articles in QUANTA magazine?

As for the Quill to RTF article and the "Quill2RTF" software mentioned there: I tried to recompile it, to be able to do some Spanish-to-English translations. I found that the sources require a library called "Olimpo" which I found here: http://pedroreina.net/olimpo/

That "Olimpo" library requires historic Turbo C and I could not quickly change it for GCC, so I soon gave up. However, there is also a QL version of the "Olimpo" libary which might be easier to port to a modern C compiler on the PC. Not sure recompiling is worth the effort, maybe easier to patch some of the text strings directly in the executable.

The program works quite well for me, I also don't know Spanish, but was able to guess what is needed.

Peter

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Lunchtime reading :D

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

I liked the bit about the Psion programs and Xchange, and the Xchange Users Association.

My employer used to send me to their meetings because I had written an Archive database/program in the network version of Xchange, to handle the receipt, repair and shipping of customer equipment.

The XUA was having an improved Archive replacement written for MSDOS and UNIX called ARCPLUS. I have part of one of their newsletters specifying the program and its commands. It's not far off a user manual.

I don't know if it was ever finished, But the notes I have is for Release 0.82 5th February 1991, written by James McCosh.

I have had a quick search on the internet for it, but can't find any mention of it.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Martin_Head wrote:
The XUA was having an improved Archive replacement written for MSDOS and UNIX called ARCPLUS. I have part of one of their newsletters specifying the program and its commands. It's not far off a user manual.

I don't know if it was ever finished, But the notes I have is for Release 0.82 5th February 1991, written by James McCosh.

I have had a quick search on the internet for it, but can't find any mention of it.
I did a little research a while ago - https://www.qlforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php ... lus#p13117

I will have to see if I ever got a response from them...