EasyPTR C Library

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
kmmann
ROM Dongle

EasyPTR C Library

Post by kmmann »

Hi

Can anyone shed light on the status of the EasyPTR C Library. I have looked through the forum and saw it metioned by ql_freak in 2016 but nothing since. With EasyPTR being made freely available does the same apply to the C Library ? I was hoping to follow up my exploration of EasyPTR with Superbasic using Norman Dunbars tutorial, thanks Norman, with some, similar exploration using C68 and EasyPTR if possible.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: EasyPTR C Library

Post by mk79 »

It‘s free like the rest of it, but neither Albin Hessler nor Jochen Merz found any traces of the manuals that came with it. Therefore I haven‘t released it yet. If anybody has everything that came with it, it can be put online.

Marcel

kmmann
ROM Dongle

Post by kmmann »

Thanks Marcel

Perhaps someone has the manuals then we can them to Marcel and also get this part of EasyPTR onto Dilwyns site as well?

If it is a case of converting the manual to word or pdf I am sure I could manage to do that fairly quickly if the text file or even quill file was provided.

Kevin

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I had look at my EasyPTR 3 disk 3, which is the C libraries. There is no manual.

Maybe reading the include files will help.

Regards,

Derek
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

The manual apparently was always in printed form. Albin cannot find the original files and Jochen thinks he only had one master paper document to make copies.

Marcel

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Evening All.

I think I might have my EasyPtr3 manuals somewhere in the basement. I'm in bed right now, :D , but I'll have a look as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I looked at my scanned copy of EPTR 3 manual, I only have Base Part 1 and the Superbasic Toolkit Part 2.

If there was a manual for Part 3 C Library, I wad never supplied with it.

Regards,

Derek
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Morning All,

I had a quick look this AM at 06:00 (!) and it appears that I have something in my printed manual for EP3, and possibly EP2 as well. It's called lib<something>C and lib<something>CASM and looks, from my scribbled comments, to be the C library. Sorry, I'm at work now and can't remember what the "something" bit was!

If I have time tonight, when MrsD goes to Pilates, I'll scan what I have and if I can remember how to OCR, I'll attempt that as well. Assuming, of course, that I have the correct manual!

Cheers,
Norm.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

I wanted to wait until I had time to look for it before saying anything - I have a manual labelled "Easyptr 3 Development System For The Pointer Environment Part III", which I think is the manual for the C part of Easyptr 3. It has pages 157 to 314.

If anyone has the time and will to do the OCR of this, I'd be happy to send on the manual in return for a copy of the OCRed file for myself and Marcel to make available.

The cover and index page are printed on horrible orange paper, but the rest of the manual is on plain white paper with good quality print, so should OCR quite well I think.

Attached a scan of the cover and index to make sure it's what we are looking for.
cover.jpg
page157.jpg
page158.jpg

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Evening Dilwyn,

My copy starts at page 247 and is titled "The EASYMENu Control Library Routines". It's definitely for C programmers. It goes up to page 314.

I do have the bit you have too, mine's on blue paper, but that covers the assembly language and SuperBASIC stuff, up to page 246 at least.

I'm just scanning my copy now. From 247 onwards.

Cheers,
Norm.