Ubuntu 14.04.4 and uqlx2017

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
XorA
Site Admin

Re: Ubuntu 14.04.4 and uqlx2017

Post by XorA »

Martin_Head wrote: On another point, When UQLX starts. I don't get the QDOS/Minerva start screen, it just goes straight into monitor mode as if F1 had been pressed. Is this an option that I can turn off, or have the supplied ROM images been patched to auto F1 on start up?
Its controlled by FAST_STARTUP = 1 in the .uqlxrc file.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

XorA wrote:
Martin_Head wrote: On another point, When UQLX starts. I don't get the QDOS/Minerva start screen, it just goes straight into monitor mode as if F1 had been pressed. Is this an option that I can turn off, or have the supplied ROM images been patched to auto F1 on start up?
I think I tried that, and it did not show the F1/F2 start screen. Just a quick flash of the RAM test pattern.

The manual states "Set to 1 if you want to skip the usual RAM test (default), or set it to 0 if you want to enjoy the Ram test pattern"

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Martin_Head wrote:
XorA wrote:
I think I tried that, and it did not show the F1/F2 start screen. Just a quick flash of the RAM test pattern.

The manual states "Set to 1 if you want to skip the usual RAM test (default), or set it to 0 if you want to enjoy the Ram test pattern"
Ah I forgot it pushes the F1/F2 key automatically, but its a compile time option. So its not actually skipped, just too fast for you to see.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

I'm not sure why you would want to use TV mode in uqlx - That doesn't make much sense to me, as the reason, the small screen and some characters lost on the left doesn't really apply here.

The ROMs are not patched, to my knowledge, but rather an F1 key press is simulated after starting the emulator.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I downloaded the UQLX2017 source file from QL Homepage:

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/emu/uqlx-fork-master.zip

There is no uqlx.html file in the docs dirctory, whereas on github the file is there. why the :roll: difference, as the missing doc file gives import information with regards to UQLX.

A question about UQLX, if F1 is automatically keyed by the emulator, how do I initialise the Second Screen, which is F3 or F4.

Regards,

Derek
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Derek_Stewart wrote: A question about UQLX, if F1 is automatically keyed by the emulator, how do I initialise the Second Screen, which is F3 or F4.
That's simple. It's not implemented.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

tofro wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote: A question about UQLX, if F1 is automatically keyed by the emulator, how do I initialise the Second Screen, which is F3 or F4.

Tobias
Hi,

I did not realise that the second screen was not implemented.

How hard would it be to implement the second screen.?

Can the F1/F2 prompt screen be available as a command line option or definable in the .uqlxrc file?

Regards,

Derek
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

tofro wrote:I'm not sure why you would want to use TV mode in uqlx - That doesn't make much sense to me, as the reason, the small screen and some characters lost on the left doesn't really apply here.

The ROMs are not patched, to my knowledge, but rather an F1 key press is simulated after starting the emulator.

Tobias
It's no big deal, Like Derek Stewart, I wondered about Minerva's second screen support.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
tofro wrote:

Tobias
Hi,

I did not realise that the second screen was not implemented.

How hard would it be to implement the second screen.?

Can the F1/F2 prompt screen be available as a command line option or definable in the .uqlxrc file?
Both are about 30 mins work for someone. They are simple changes to the code.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I downloaded the UQLX2017 source file from QL Homepage:

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/emu/uqlx-fork-master.zip

There is no uqlx.html file in the docs dirctory, whereas on github the file is there. why the :roll: difference, as the missing doc file gives import information with regards to UQLX.
Thanks Derek.
Not knowing the first thing about uQLx and being afraid of breaking the archive or something, what I've done is to add the uqlx.html as a separate file just after the uQLx 2017 sources on the Emulators page. Hope this helps.