I hate BREXIT !

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Andrew
Aurora

I hate BREXIT !

Post by Andrew »

All products sold on Ebay and delivered to Romania by Ebay Delivery now carry an import tax between 25% and 34%, payed directly to Ebay :(
God only knows why the tax is not a fixed percentage. It's probably calculated as a percentage from (product cost + transport cost) plus a fixed ammount for acting as a customs agent on behalf of the buyer.
For comparison, importing from China is 0% for products with price <=10E, 19% for products with price between 10E and 150E and 24% for the rest.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: I hate BREXIT !

Post by NormanDunbar »

Yup! A lot of companies are not bothering to sell to/from Europe from/to the UK as the VAT requirements are now a steaming pile of brown smelly stuff. The f*cking racists have screwed us over good and proper, and the Tories have shafted us right up the backside with their "oven ready deal" - it has cost the country an absolute fortune to negotiate a "deal" that gives us far less than we had before. Even better (!) Boris has no clue what is in the deal he negotiated -- as he recently proved when questioned by Kier Stamer.

End rant!

(I had to stop or I would have been obliged to moderate myself!)

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

Not wanting to be political or racist, but we would have got nothing better from Labour given the same conditions.

The real mistake was leaving the EU in the first place - we should have put our foot down and got a better standing within the EU rather than walk away. The sad thing is it was the UK's idea in the first place, and we've been treated like crap by way of a thank you.

The new VAT ruling is a waste of time - as it still leaves so many other doors open from other parts of the world.

polka
Trump Card

Post by polka »

Hi all,
If you understand french, here you may watch an interesting TV debate on Cnews about BREXIT :

https://www.ericzemmour.org/face-a-linf ... en-direct/

(FREE ! without paying VAT)

POLKa

May the FORTH be with you !
POLKa
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

To understand Brexit, you have to understand that a good percentage of UK voters are gullible enough to believe what the right and left wing in this country say to them. And the left and right wing know that.

Ironically, Corbyn and his left wing cronies to all intents and purposes made the Labour party unelectable and an ineffective opposition (although Corbyn came over personally as someone principled and decent, he failed to properly take on anti-Semitism in his own party which helped cut his own feet from under him). The Lib-Dems have all but vanished without trace. The Conservative party has fallen to its own right wing and its inept leader. That leaves us with Nicola Sturgeon and Mark Drakeford OMG. (Discounting N Ireland for a moment as I'm only talking about Britain).

I can just imagine some poor accountant in the NHS somewhere checking his spreadsheets every morning for that extra regular £350 million Boris & Co promised on that infamous bus (which the country was gullible enough to believe).

We made our bed by voting to leave, so no moaning please Brits, just get on with making the bed as best as you can (I voted remain BTW).

I do, however, sympathise with a lot of things such as the situation Andrew finds himself in through no fault of his own.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

I still have a cheque from DJC (royalties for S_Edit...not cashed) about a few pounds :D

4E75 7000
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RalfR wrote:I still have a cheque from DJC (royalties for S_Edit...not cashed) about a few pounds :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Keep it handy Ralf. The British economy might need it soon!

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

dilwyn wrote:
RalfR wrote:I still have a cheque from DJC (royalties for S_Edit...not cashed) about a few pounds :D
Oh, it's enough for me if I get a full English breakfast for it :D :D

Of course it is best at the "Little Chef"..... :D :D :D They offer the "Royal Breakfast" for GBP 10.99, what a bargain!

4E75 7000
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RalfR wrote:
dilwyn wrote:
Oh, it's enough for me if I get a full English breakfast for it :D :D

Of course it is best at the "Little Chef"..... :D :D :D They offer the "Royal Breakfast" for GBP 10.99, what a bargain!
Well now I've learned something. I thought that the Little Chef chain had long since gone. Not so - I just saw via their website that they still have 70 sites in Britain. Including (shows how locked-down I've been last year :oops: ) one a just few km down the road from me ...

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Andrew wrote:For comparison, importing from China is 0% for products with price <=10E, 19% for products with price between 10E and 150E and 24% for the rest.
But that is exactly the point of this legislation, isn't it? And I gather it will change for China in July or so, too, Brexit or not. God knows I've ordered hundreds of times in China, mainly electronic parts, and profited from this. But it's unfair if the store next door can only sell with VAT and some store on the other end of the globe is exempt.
Pr0f wrote:The real mistake was leaving the EU in the first place - we should have put our foot down and got a better standing within the EU rather than walk away.
Exactly that. There are a thousand things that badly needs reforming in the EU and Britain could have been a force in this. Now nobody talks about this anymore, a truly missed opportunity. In the end it will be worse for both sides, though less so for the rest of the EU I guess.