I hate BREXIT !

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: I hate BREXIT !

Post by mk79 »

NormanDunbar wrote:That will save you some tax in Germany I believe? Jochem Merz mentioned it to me some years back.
Yeah, in the German califate there is actually a "church tax" enforced by the state. The tax was my reason to officially leave the church at age 20, but I was an atheist long before that :-P
Ruptor wrote:Exactly, an atheist requires a god to not believe in otherwise there would be no decision to make.
I don't believe in thousands of gods, not just one! Though I'm actually on the edge concerning the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
dilwyn wrote:Will be nice to see some of my German friends again when situations permit.
Well, it's been over 20 years (in the dark age of analog photography, so not much evidence exists), so maybe it's time again once the dust has settled :-P

Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

You had better see old friends sooner rather than later given the 5% Covid death rate for over 80s and the shorter life span for all due to Covid damage to the lungs etc. The EU needs to get jabbing faster.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

mk79 wrote:I don't believe in thousands of gods, not just one! Though I'm actually on the edge concerning the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
May his noodly appendages be upon you! ;)

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Ruptor wrote:You had better see old friends sooner rather than later given the 5% Covid death rate for over 80s and the shorter life span for all due to Covid damage to the lungs etc. The EU needs to get jabbing faster.
Don't get me started on Covid Deniers, Covidiots, people who wear masks around their necks or below their noses. There are so many idiots around it's tempting to feel we ought to be rounding them up, interning them until the pandemic is over and putting black marks on their records so they are NEVER allowed to hold positions of responsibility again. The people who go to snowy scenes or drive miles and miles to "exercise", break down, get stuck, or injure themselves, not only put themselves at risk but also the emergency services who have to try to rescue them and so on. Exactly the same people who are really nasty to you if you say anything to them. Although it's true to say several studies have found 20-25% of the population to be irresponsible and live their lives by the "rules don't apply to me" mantra.

We ought to be issuing QLs to the population to encourage them to stay at home during lockdowns (there, back on topic).

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

NormanDunbar wrote:
mk79 wrote:I don't believe in thousands of gods, not just one! Though I'm actually on the edge concerning the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
May his noodly appendages be upon you! ;)
Cheers,
Norm.
The way that seems to be heading, I think I am quite glad I have no idea what you are both talking about :?

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Hi Dilwyn,
Dilwyn wrote:The way that seems to be heading, I think I am quite glad I have no idea what you are both talking about :?
We are talking about the Pastafarian religion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Enjoy! :D

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

NormanDunbar wrote:Hi Dilwyn,
Dilwyn wrote:The way that seems to be heading, I think I am quite glad I have no idea what you are both talking about :?
We are talking about the Pastafarian religion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Enjoy! :D
Cheers,
Norm.
:D :D :D

Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

dilwyn wrote:We ought to be issuing QLs to the population to encourage them to stay at home during lockdowns (there, back on topic).
:lol: I thought the topic was Brexit. :? As for the pasta it can get stuffed or should that be a turkey I am not much of a cook.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Ruptor wrote:
dilwyn wrote:We ought to be issuing QLs to the population to encourage them to stay at home during lockdowns (there, back on topic).
:lol: I thought the topic was Brexit. :? As for the pasta it can get stuffed or should that be a turkey I am not much of a cook.
Oops, Brexit, quite right :oops:

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

dilwyn wrote: putting black marks on their records so they are NEVER allowed to hold positions of responsibility again.
I agree 10000000%
Returning to the topic, let me say that it's very crucial for non-British peolple to get the real opinions from those directly involved. It's a great opportunity to compare the "real people's information" with the "official" ones.