Newly Corona Lockdown in GB

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Newly Corona Lockdown in GB

Post by dilwyn »

Ruptor wrote:While there are better and worse areas around the world open borders will never work. The moon sounds like a nice place to live, quiet, sea views & no roof ripping storms.
The pubs there are no good - no atmosphere :D

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Did Norman send you his joke book for Christmas? :lol:

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

vanpeebles wrote:Did Norman send you his joke book for Christmas? :lol:
When Dilwyn and Norman start on the jokes, you know it's not going to end well :twisted:

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

It took me a while to get it :D :D :D

4E75 7000
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Going back to talking about Brexit etc. I remember a picture of Jochen Merz and Bernd Reinhardt taken at a Quanta meeting in Manchester, where we got a picture of them sat in front of some French flags on a noticeboard behind them at the Scout Hut. Jochen was not best pleased when the picture appeared in a certain QL magazine at the time with the caption "Jochen and Bernd trying to sell some French flags". Wonder why Jochen didn't want to be thought of as French? :twisted:

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Update on the dreaded Asda Christmas order, this'll have Norman banging his head on the wall.

Just arrived, nearly two hours later than usual. Assuming it was just down to being busy at Christmas, for example, I said to the driver I was worried what might have happened and he admitted that Llandudno had put the wrong load on his van! Only on reaching his first customer did he realise and had to go back for the correct load!!!! Oh dear, this order was jinxed from when I placed it back in November! :oops:

Time to find a new supermarket for my orders I think... Or is this just practising for the 1st January Brexit chaos?!? :|

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

dilwyn wrote:Time to find a new supermarket for my orders I think... Or is this just practising for the 1st January Brexit chaos?!? :|
No, Brexit will be worse!

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

This also involves Asda and happened in Wales (not quite sure how that kind of thing is possible though, unless the slots included low value items)!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/a ... d=msedgntp

Pleased you got your Christmas food on time Dilwyn.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

As every year, there is potato salad with sausages on Christmas Eve and a goose on the holidays. It's just my childhood.

4E75 7000
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

RalfR wrote:As every year, there is potato salad with sausages on Christmas Eve and a goose on the holidays. It's just my childhood.
There are just 2 of us this year, the mother-in-law and all other German relations are staying away (and I've not been to the UK to see my family since March). As it's still quite mild we were going to have a barbeque on the 24th (I still can't get used to the German way of 'doing' Christmas on Christmas eve, you nutters ;) ). And then New Year's eve it'll be English-style with a Shepherds Pie.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.