Newly Corona Lockdown in GB

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Newly Corona Lockdown in GB

Post by dilwyn »

Chr$ wrote:This also involves Asda and happened in Wales (not quite sure how that kind of thing is possible though, unless the slots included low value items)!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/a ... d=msedgntp

Pleased you got your Christmas food on time Dilwyn.
I've heard of such incidences. How awful.

And I know of people who managed to book multiple slots for family, friends and relatives, although well intentioned for elderly or disabled relatives who can't easily go to the stores. What you're meant to do in such cases is rather than book and hog separate slots in those cases, you're meant to put in one large order for delivery to you, split up the order and deliver the sub-orders (for want of a better term) to their doorsteps yourself (which you'd probably be allowed to do if helping others who need help, with all the right precautions). I hope that person got their come-uppance.

In the end, I didn't get a Christmas dinner as such from them, everything was a substitute, so no turkey, sausage, sprouts, stuffing, Christmas pud etc. At least I have food and it gets delivered thanks to Asda's recurring weekly slots they allowed me earlier in the year, so I am grateful for that.

2020 has been so different to other years that I actually don't mind, in a strange way it's made me appreciate having a different sort of Christmas.

Glad to see that there's been agreement between Britain and France on ways to get things moving by way of testing at the ports, I really felt for those poor lorry drivers caught up in all this.

I hope you manage to have a happy Christmas over there, chr$

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Chr$ wrote:This also involves Asda and happened in Wales (not quite sure how that kind of thing is possible though, unless the slots included low value items)!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/a ... d=msedgntp

Pleased you got your Christmas food on time Dilwyn.
That reminds me of a joke I saw on Facebook:
I have large amounts of nothing for sale. If your partner has asked for nothing for Christmas, get in touch.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

:D :D :D :D

4E75 7000
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

dilwyn wrote: That reminds me of a joke I saw on Facebook:
The best joke I saw on facebook recently (and I don't find many fb things all that funny) was:

"Does anyone know a good carpenter? I commissioned one to make a double bed for me. He's done a bunk."

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Chr$ wrote:
dilwyn wrote: That reminds me of a joke I saw on Facebook:
The best joke I saw on facebook recently (and I don't find many fb things all that funny) was:

"Does anyone know a good carpenter? I commissioned one to make a double bed for me. He's done a bunk."
Guess for that poor guy it was just one thing on top of another...

:D

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Chr$ wrote:As it's still quite mild we were going to have a barbeque on the 24th (I still can't get used to the German way of 'doing' Christmas on Christmas eve, you nutters ;) ).
Well, I guess you're celebrating the new year on New Year's eve rather than the 1st, too? ;)

Seeker
ROM Dongle

Post by Seeker »

We've been on lockdown since the 9th of November. I'm starting to talk to myself more and more... :o