Hobby train

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
belg4rion67
Trump Card

Hobby train

Post by belg4rion67 »

My first and neverending hobby is scale-n miniature railways; today is usual to drive them with a personal computer with some train simulation software that makes easier and funny to drive miniature locos.
There's anyone that has applied our QL in my hobby? or has developed some piece of software/hardware for QL applied on miniature railways?

Cheers
Paolo

Only original hardware! :)
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hobby train

Post by vanpeebles »

Some pictures would be nice! Maybe a QL equipped with a minerva mk2 with i2c would be good for controlling things?

polka
Trump Card

Post by polka »

I googled this, where there are some (relatively simple) ideas for serial interfacing a miniature railroad with any computer (thus a plain QL). But with a QL, you will have to write the programs yourself, there is no support. However a multitasking OS like Qdos may be a convenience ?

A high level programming tool including Qdos mutlitasking extensions : ComputerOne FORTH (he,he)

Bye Paul

May the FORTH be with you !
POLKa
belg4rion67
Trump Card

Post by belg4rion67 »

:D
many thanks to all, your suggests are fine and I'm searching too much more infos about DCC systems and useful piece of software needed to drive my little locos.
Asap I'll post some pics of my railways, for DIY software is my intention to write it for my QL (even I have also a PC with Phenom II) because with Hermes QL's serial port has enough power to work with dcc.
Cheers
Paolo

Only original hardware! :)