Panoramische Oberlicht Loch Kamera (POLKa)

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
polka
Trump Card

Panoramische Oberlicht Loch Kamera (POLKa)

Post by polka »

Just noticed this place for telling about other hobbies !

My other hobby is photography, more precisely silver/film/analog (as you like) photography, with a peculiar predilection for self-made pinhole camera picture taking.

Here is the first "anamorphic" pinhole camera that I built :

I discovered afterward that I could give her a descriptive name (however in german) with the acronym POLKa : "Panoramische Oberlicht Loch Kamera".

The kind of pictures this camera takes are weird, here an example :

You may click on both above pictures to enlarge them.

This is a paper (in french) explaining everything about the three POLKa's that I built since, and HERE is a gallery with a few more pictures.

Bye, Paul

May the FORTH be with you !
POLKa
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Panoramische Oberlicht Loch Kamera (POLKa)

Post by vanpeebles »

Do you develop your own film? The photos and effect remind of some old 1960's album covers. Interesting hobby :)

polka
Trump Card

Post by polka »

Yes, for black & white photography, I do everything (development, enlargement...) myself, the chemical way, in a tiny lab that I built myself in a corner of my garage :

For color photography, I give the films to develop and then scan and print them with an inkjet printer. But for color photography, I use also a digital camera (especially, when I am playing tourist).

A long time ago, when I still was a student, I used to develop and enlarge color pictures the chemical way : that epoch was before personal computers, scanners, printers, etc...

Bye Paul

P.S. About the example picture shown in the post above, someone told me that it reminded him some sixtie's drawings of Crumb ?

May the FORTH be with you !
POLKa
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

In a way it's a shame that nearly everything is digital now, I've got an old ashasi pentax camera which was great but the speed and convenience of digital just makes it obsolete.