Today I Received...

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Today I Received...

Post by mk79 »

Thanks Dilwyn for the testing and also Tofro for lending me his English QL to debug the CLA 2310 behaviour (with same day delivery even!). If anybody wants to get rid of a pre-issue 6 QL for a reasonable price so I have a test machine myself, I'm open for suggestions ;)

Anyway, today I got this:
IMG_3607s.jpg
Unfortunately they don't do SMD assembly on blue boards, but I think we can live with that.

Cheers, Marcel

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

mk79 wrote:Unfortunately they don't do SMD assembly on blue boards, but I think we can live with that.
As long as the colours on the screen are OK, I don't think the PCB colour matters so much... :)

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

Oh, oh, oh!

When will the order-form be ready to submit!

Yours, in anticipation,
Martyn...

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Today, I received, 4 copies of a "Cease and Desist" letter plus lots of threats, from a Munich based German lawyer telling me to stop using the "Trace Miner" name for one of my Oracle utilities, on github and my blog. It infringed, apparently, a registered trade mark for a client.

It was a tad heavy handed in my opinion, but even worse, the arrival of 4 separate email all with the same title and attachments, caused me to delete them as spam! I eventually decided, for some strange reason, to check - just as well I did!

Of course, their client's product bears bugger all resemblance to mine, but it seems that they have the name registered. Oh hum!

Spent most of tonight changing my blog and my stuff on github. Pissed off now.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
robheaton
Site Admin

Post by robheaton »

That doesn’t sound fun :(

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Change it all and then send an email back saying done, now FO!!

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

I just did a search on the "Trace Miner" on a registered trademark search site and it claimed it may be available...

could just be a bad search tool, but it does make you wonder.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

NormanDunbar wrote:Today, I received, 4 copies of a "Cease and Desist" letter plus lots of threats, from a Munich based German lawyer telling me to stop using the "Trace Miner" name for one of my Oracle utilities, on github and my blog. It infringed, apparently, a registered trade mark for a client.
At least it was free? Within Germany it's allowed to attach the bill for the lawyer's time to it (usually a few hundred EUR), so of course this became an industry of its own, especially regarding file sharing. Jochen once got one of these because he wrote "insured delivery" in his eBay auctions. Apparently this is admonishable because as a trader the delivery risk is always his, so advertising that his packages are insured is an illegal competitive advantage. Bloody ridiculous.

Marcel

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Pr0f wrote:I just did a search on the "Trace Miner" on a registered trademark search site and it claimed it may be available...

could just be a bad search tool, but it does make you wonder.
Not sure where you were looking for it, but if you use https://www3.wipo.int/branddb/en/ you will find it (without the space at least). Applied for in 2013.

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

The one I used was a UK gov search - which should cover for UK and EU - but cleary not. It was trademarks I search for...

Thanks for that link though - bookmarked :-)